Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
I exist onl because of Parias'
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.
What's it like to be a vehicle technician in the Canadian military?

This:

http://www.forces.ca/html/vehicletechnician_reg_en.aspx

I was thinking it'd be really cool, but it might just be boring mundane poo poo that you don't hear about.

I'm thinking of getting into the mechanical trade of things, and I want to add the "Served in the military" to my life's portfolio. What do ya think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Mr.48 posted:

From the veh-techs I've talked to it does seem rather mundane and boring, but everyone says that about their trade, so take that with a grain of salt. I will say that from the vehicles maintenance I've had to do (which is quite a bit, being in the armoured corps) the official standards are retardedly and often unnecessarily exacting, which creates a lot of pointless boring work.

I wonder if it's comparable to the civilian trade side of things? I'm sure it'd be pretty beneficiary to a resume.

Who's best to talk to about this, will a recruiter just fill my head with pointless over-promising lies?

MrZig
Aug 13, 2005
LEGENDARY GENEROSITY.

Fraser CDN posted:

If you are talking about VT's that work for the CF I hear it's an easy job. They work on the same vehicles as a CF VT would and they don't deal with some of the pointless crap a CF VT would deal with.

Nah I was thinking starting in the military and getting their training. Then going over to a commercial transport mechanic after I get out of the CF would be.. easier, probably.