Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr.Showtime
Oct 22, 2006
I'm not going to say that
My position draft picks in OOTP always go from being potential 4's to a 1 and their potential stats implode in the rookie league. wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Showtime
Oct 22, 2006

tadashi posted:

The potential stars are given by your scouts so they are biased according to your scouts strengths and weaknesses. You want to look at the guy's actual attributes and not just the stars, too. Gap Power or Baserunning Instincts on their own are useless but high contact with gap power might get you somewhere. Be sure to scout the entire draft with all of your scouts. You can see how long it's going to take your scouts to complete their next task and you can see when the amateur draft is, so plan accordingly.

Also, sometimes it's better to take a guy who is currently 2 stars but will only achieve 3 1/2 over a guy who has 1 star but should grow into 4.

It looks like the AI of OOTP was actually written by every Cubs GM. Who cares if you have an awesome pitcher in the minors? Just make sure you play the guys with major league contracts a lot so you look like you're not wasting money.

I don't generally look at stars but at the real stats.

Can someone give a short tutorial on how to scout properly?

Mr.Showtime
Oct 22, 2006
Nah I'm using 11.

Mr.Showtime
Oct 22, 2006

Bob Shabazz posted:

I'm just trying to imagine the reaction if this actually happened

I had this happen and it is seriously awesome.

Mr.Showtime
Oct 22, 2006
Closers gonna start, starters gonna close.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Showtime
Oct 22, 2006
Well you could just sign up for a weekly fantasy league.

• Locked thread