Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped

gyroball posted:

However, if you'd rather play while doing something else--checking up on the team between e-mails or simming games during class--BBM is more suited to your needs. There is FAR less micromanaging, the interface is user-friendly, and years just fly by with the sims. Further, if you're interested in seeing an alternate-universe MLB play itself out, BBM is a better bet. I've never been able to set OOTP right for a 1900+ playthrough, while in BBM it's just a matter of going to league settings and pumping up "contract extensions" to +100% until free agency in 1976.

Or you could just be like me and buy both :shobon:

It's just annoying how utterly stupid the trade AI is in Baseball Mogul. Every time I try to play OOTP, I get frustrated by the interface and how incredibly slow it is. Then I go to play BBM, and I get this:

I just want the interface of BBM with some actual brains underneath it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

Don't believe it's been posted, but BBM 2011 is out. I'm having a poo poo ton of runners getting thrown out going for extra bases - started a game as the 1995 Brewers, my catcher went 3 for 4 off Roger Clemens but was never actually on base. He got thrown out going for third on a double once and thrown out going for second on a single twice.

Clay posted:

I finally sat down and re-wrote the entire logic that computer teams use to offer and accept trades. As the Trading Deadline approaches, teams out of contention become more aggressive at trading good players for prospects. And teams in contention do the reverse. In addition, the entire valuation engine has been changed. Among other things, it's now much harder to pry superstars and "can't-miss" prospects away from any team.

Could you try making a bunch of dumb trades and see if the trading system is actually fixed?

• Locked thread