Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, there's plenty of other balls in the sea. Plus, you're not very talented.
I really wish it weren't such a hassle to do a mutliplayer BBM game like Anubis had going a while back, because that was fun poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Let's Play BBM made :slick: Nick Punto :slick: a star.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

That's really intriguing. Are there any free or excessively cheap previous versions out there that I could give a test of since I've never played before?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I just realized that I don't think I'd want gyro representing me in court considering he would likely be playing fake baseball during court proceedings. :v:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

gyroball posted:

Interactive Lets Play OOTP?

Don't you dare tease us.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

What's player progression like in OOTP? If a guy is a big time prospect is he going to pan out every time or are there a decent number of flops? Will a player's performance actually impact whether or not he'll improve? Can I take a guy as a project and make him into something better than he otherwise would have become?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Okay, based on that here are my two main questions:

a.) If I've got the best scout in the entire world and he finds a guy who he thinks will be the next Maddux, what are the chances he actually will be? 90%? 50%?

b.) My most recent BBM season I did an expansion draft Rockies game. Leo Gomez became my starter at third base in my second year and, as a guy who was mid-70s overall, went for 30+ bombs and a ~.900 OPS. Since he's loving Leo Gomez, though, he regressed following the year.

This isn't entirely a bad thing since I like when random fluke years like that happen. But he endeared himself to me because he's loving Leo Gomez and so I would have loved to have some control in trying to help him maintain that rate of performance. Does OOTP allow for that in any way?

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Apr 24, 2010

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Well obviously my example is the most extreme of extremes, but I guess what I'm asking is that if you have undoubtedly the best scout in the game how often will he lead you astray?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I'm finally biting the bullet and diving into OOTP, any recommendation on rosters or photo packs?

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Tiny Torso posted:

does this stuff happen by default or is there a setting you have to enable when you start up a game?

Options you can set:

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Bob Shabazz posted:

My favorites are always the random dominant guys

Rico Carty's RL career line is .299/.369/.464, those OOTP numbers are pretty reasonable if he hadn't been completely derailed by injuries.

Dude went for .366/.454/.584 in '70. Ricowns.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Check out his stats.

That's a lot of dropped third strikes.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Well my closer had a solid season

Not remotely as great as 2030.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

I think the fact that you're willing to own up to your mistake earns you a pass. Do a better job next time, though!

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

So where/how can I get picture packs for OOTP? The threads in the OOTP forums don't seem to have links and when I click the attachment icon by the thread title it just opens a pop up window and nothing happens.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

NM, figured out that it was set to facegen before searching for pictures.

AlleyViper fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Aug 31, 2011

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Mornacale posted:

e: Whoa, Dunn actually stole 19 bags in 2002 holy poo poo.

One year, probably 2003 since he had just stolen 19, Dunn said in an interview that he hoped to steal 40 bases which generated a good bit of hype for him in fantasy circles.

Of course he didn't come through.

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

Armitage posted:

My offline OOTP historical game is mocking me. For some reason it's decided Dan Warthen's gonna be a borderline hall of famer :psyduck:

There's TMB's cue to post JoeMays.jpg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AlleyViper
Sep 15, 2007

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Notable:

Can't believe you didn't list the 380-59 career record

• Locked thread