Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
AV, you were asking about making stats more unpredictable, yes? Well, there's an option in historical leagues to change their performance from being based on "real life stats" to "rating and OOTP advancement engine" or something. Using that, the best hitter and pitcher of the modern era in my current sim are Bob Hamelin and Juan Guzman, respectively.

Bob Shabazz fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Apr 25, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I mentioned this before but get OOTP, my first historical sim featured Rookie of the Year and one and done Bob Hamelin hitting 800-odd home runs, along with Juan Guzman fanning 5000!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

tadashi posted:

Is there a way to get warmed up to OOTP without being completely overwhelmed? Trying to manage 3 levels of minors plus the MLB team right off the bat was a little much for me. I dunno, maybe I was just micro-managing too much.

The way I did it was having my first league just have 40-man rosters. Then I added AAA when I felt comfortable, and kept doing that until I had all the leagues

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

OOTP owns. Oh hey, someone broke Babe Ruth's 60 home runs. I wonder who...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

I'm just trying to imagine the reaction if this actually happened

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

My favorites are always the random dominant guys

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

tadashi posted:

this is almost always the career of Griffey, jr., in OOTP.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

The best is when things happen like "option years are done away with" or "active rosters increase to 28 players".

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Check out the new home run champion

jesus christ that 2000

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

CraigK posted:

e: and also to make the draft class not be 90% middle relievers, almost nobody drafted is a reliever in high-school or college

They're doing this also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

The most recent OOTP I own is 12 so I'm glad to see it still inducts Moises Alou into the Hall of Fame

• Locked thread