Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
How many Goons play OOTPX? I'm playing in an online league with some random people I found on the OOTP forums, league called The Show. It's pretty good, but the community is kinda quiet. Plus they gave me the drat Royals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...
I just got OOTP X for Christmas and love it, so how different is OOTP XI going to be? Could someone summarize for me how much X and 9 differed for example?

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Netsky posted:

I made a 2009 OOTP league and realigned the leagues into a Western and Eastern conference of 15 each, with 8 teams from each league making the playoffs (NHL/NBA style).

I dig that. The current MLB alignment is so loving dumb. I moved Milwaukee back to the AL, expanded the league 2 teams (one AL, one NL), and then set it up like the NFL is now (32 teams, 2 leagues, 8 total divisions).

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

OOTPX runs like poo poo on my netbook but amazing on my desktop, but that point is moot since I got mlb 2k10.

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

Expiration Date posted:

I want to like OOTP.

But they have some sort of weird system in place that makes players literally insane or not follow the ratings assigned in game for their personality traits or SOMETHING I don't know.

I've got a catcher who is nails at throwing guys out and hits for a decent average so I want to keep him around foreverandever. He's not a greedy guy, he's a loyal guy. I offer him an extension MEET DEMAND and he says not enough money.

10 times in a row. Keeps bumping up the number until now he's just rejecting his own demands. loving awesome. He's the kind of guy who should take a discount, instead I have to overbid against myself to keep him around. I meet demand every single time, now his demands are equal to my last offer but still nothing. I have no idea what's going on at this point.

If I remember correctly, every time you make an offer that gets rejected you piss the player off more. So after 10 he likely wouldn't accept anything because he thinks your an rear end in a top hat. I learned that the hard way.

• Locked thread