Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009
Have yall used any free website based sims that I can use to get my feet wet before I drop some cash on these things? I'd like to have some idea of what I'm doing before i jump in. Pennantchase.com is free wondering how that is...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. Downloaded it and it doesn't seem to wanna work well with my mac. Keeps crashing.

Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009
Would really like to test my GM skills. Sounds like Mogul is better for beginners, but I have a Mac and don't really want to run Crossover or whatever. Is it worth buying Crossover for, or just go with OOTP12 and tough it out?
Just downloaded OOTP8 for free. Got my league and everything set up. And then it crashes. Tried it again and crashes again...

Cold Sprunk fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Aug 2, 2011

Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009
I can't get Crossover or anything like that to work to try Mogul so I am biting the bullet and downloading OOTP12 right now. Newbie tips are welcome.

Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009
For those who are new to OOTP like myself, this is a really great thread for tips to get you started.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/board/ootp-12-new-game/212143-baseball-noob-would-appreciate-some-pointers.html

Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009
After years of being too intimidated to play this game I finally read and watched tutorials for a couple of hours and picked it up.

First things first- traded Josh Hamilton for Adrian Gonzalez straight up. Off to a hot start at 20-8!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold Sprunk
Apr 11, 2009
Which one of the sims has the easiest or most user friendly interface/in game management (bunting, stealing, pinch hitters, ect.)? I tried OOTP 13 last year and it just didn't do it for me.

• Locked thread