Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Good night, Chesty, wherever you are.

Deathlove posted:

So I've got this OOTP11 and I've had it for a while, sitting there, taunting me on my desktop. I want to do something with it. Anyone in any leagues that are looking for fillins, got any cool-rear end mods, scenarios, I don't know?

That logo is on my desktop! Help me have fun with it!

I just sent you a PM about a league opening :)

Also, if anyone else is interested in joining an OOTP 11 league,

http://www.toonathecat.net/scmlb/news/html/leagues/league_100_home.html

The Dodgers and Orioles are currently open. The league has its own forum on a different message board, but there are several goons already in the league.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Awesome. I'll leave it to you guys to settle who takes who. I'll PM you guys with forum and file information.

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Scrotos posted:

Maybe one day I can post on the sim forums :(

I'm trying to get an admin account from the site owner to keep this from happening.

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

OKCecil posted:

There are four sims a week (M/W/F/Sa). It's not a huge time-sink, mostly just downloading the new file every sim and making whatever changes you deem necessary. It's very active and friendly to new players. There are quite a few goons, and those who aren't are real cool dudes.

That's debatable. :v:

Yeah, Mornacle, its a really fun league who is open to new guys. The core of owners has been doing OOTP leagues since 2002. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll get you set up.

(I won 102 games last season with the Pirates led by Pedro and Neil!)

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Mornacale posted:

I never realized until just this moment that you were Toona. :aaaaa:

As for the league, as I just told DKC on chat, I think I'm going to hold off for now. I'm finishing up my thesis and allowing myself to add distractions is a good way to not graduate. After I graduate (knock on wood) in a few weeks, though, I'm definitely interested.

I'll hold the team open. No problem. :)

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Feel free to give it up if someone else wants it. I can get used to the game as I lie in wait.

The Yankees are the open team now. They're not too bad if you disregard the laughably expensive contracts.

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Scrotos, I've been trying to catch you on AIM to discuss the team. Is there some other good way to get in touch with you?

Also, Toona (or someone who knows the game), could you tell us if co-GMing a team is possible or not.

To be honest, co-GMing a team is a pain in the nutsack. The CPU will be okay until you're freed up.

On a related note, do you have any interest in taking the Pirates instead of the Yankees? Believe it or not, the Yankees are the 95 loss team, and the Pirates won 102 games last year under my tutelage. The Yankees just have a lot of bad contracts and the finances aren't quite portrayed as they are in real life, so the billions in revenue aren't there to make up for bad contracts. It makes for a pretty disadvantageous situation for a new owner to walk into. That, and it would be nice to have another Pirates fan running the Pirates. :)

Let me know either here or SC.

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

In the aforementioned league that Scrotos and Deathlove have joined, the Kansas City Royals are available. They have plenty of talent, having won 95 games in 2011, and have the biggest commodity in the league in Greinke.

Any interest? :)

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Dynamic Leagues are a really fun part of OOTP, except when you create an all-Pennsylvania team league, and it expands to Georgia :v:

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Another opening is up in the OOTP league I run. This makes both the Yankees and White Sox (who are going to trade franchises with the Indians at the end of the year) both open to anyone interested.

http://www.toonathecat.net/scmlb/news/html/leagues/league_100_home.html

The White Sox are in pretty good shape,as their previous owner was one of the league's best managers who is taking on way more hours at work and simply didn't have the time. The Yankees are a disaster with contracts, but have the advantage of being the Yankees and a large media deal and market.

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Roster tab under team men
View: batting stats
Split: Last Year
Double Split: vs. left hand

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

Couldn't figure out how to edit and add an attachment but here it is

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtGen Chesty Puller
Jan 15, 2010

danifestmestny posted:

I asked a few pages ago, but I want to give it another shot: If anyone knows a way to get OOTP to work at a screen resolution of 1024x600 can you speak up? I figured out a work around for Mogul so I can play it on my laptop, but I still haven't found a way to get OOTP to run on my netbook.

Getting it to work on a netbook requires a third party app to downscale the resolution, unfortunately.

• Locked thread