Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Picked up OOTP 11 today.

Now to go to the library tomorrow and check out Moneyball so I know what the hell I'm doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Okay, what the dick?

Created a fictional league, added AA and AAA. No salary cap, MLB-style revenue sharing. Simmed the first year as commish, then took over the last place team. Got them playing .500 ball in 2011, and swept in the semis in 2012.

Now I can't sign or resign anyone, because my owner is a penny-pinching oval office who won't give me more than $10m combined for extensions and free agents. My ace wants $12m a year, half of my everyday starters need new contracts, and the game thinks Chicago is a 12/20 market size. I'm selling 30k seats a game at $21 average, with a $5m/yr media contract, and there's still no money to be had.

Cheezymadman fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jul 15, 2010

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
I take that back, the game thinks Chicago is a small market, as in less than 10/20.

Check out the "Preceding year balance" part of the owner page. Looks like Mr Aruba is lining his pockets from the success I've acheived.

(Clickable thumbnails so as not to break the board.)

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Maybe my knowledge of pre-strike baseball is lacking, but what teams SLN and CHN? Those abbreviations don't ring any bells with me.

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Welp. Reinstalled OOTP 11. Not like I had anything productive to do anyway. Should I bother getting involved in an online league with 12 coming out in the spring?

That said, is there a thread or a list of Goon-run leagues for 11?

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl
Decided to sim from 1901 to 2011 in a historical league, without recalculating ratings or letting the game "doctor" stats to make them more realistic, just to see what would happen.

I'm at 1914 so far, and I've already seen a weird one. Cy Young retires in 1906 (five years early) with only 376 wins (135 short of his real life total). Also, Babe Ruth and Ty Cobb are both playing for the Phillies. :wtc:

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

tadashi posted:

Let me skip ahead for you: Derek Jeter has a short career playing mostly second base.

Mo Vaughn won the Triple Crown in '94, and no one has gotten to 3000 hits. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cheezymadman
Mar 29, 2010

by Fistgrrl

Nerokerubina posted:

http://i.imgur.com/EkZ88.jpg

what

I don't know which is worse, the steals or Reggie Jefferson laying down a sac bunt.

• Locked thread