Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Groucho Marxist posted:

So far in my 100 year sim, I've had two guys have 3 year runs of 0.02 ERA and 20 K/9 after sucking in the minors. They retire after this stretch.

Whenever I see the guy with these stats I always retire him.

No lie, once in a sim the computer generated a guy named Cletus Fuckhat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

ThatsMyBoye posted:

Uh.

Is BBM designed to randomly spawn a dude named "Haywood Jablomey," because I sure as hell didn't edit the player's name to that or add it to the name files?

Absolutely not bullshit, BBM once created for me a guy named Cletus Fuckhat and some months later I saw someone on the BBM forums have the same name appear.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

I'm pretty sure its an easter egg of some sorts since in BBM I've seen the name come up in multiple simulations when you get past the point of historical players in the draft.

Cletus Fuckhat.

He just keeps reappearing.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

So has anyone played the new Mogul yet? I'd love to hear some opinions on it.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Cletus Fuckhat is an Easter egg that comes around if you play enough, I've had the name pop up a couple times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

You have got to go in the settings and change his name to Launch Ballman at this point.

• Locked thread