Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
In Mogul, is there any way to edit specific attributes? For example, I created myself ( :rolleyes: ) and gave myself a skill of 80 with a peak of 90. But then I ended up being 6'3, 220, and all of my specific fielding/hitting attributes were fleshed out for me. Well sir, I'm not 6'3. If I was, maybe I wouldn't have to create myself in a video game.

Same goes for pitchers - I see in PitchRatings.csv it has fastball average speed, and does at least list their pitches, but I can't find the ratings anywhere. Are those just randomly generated (along with hitting/fielding) based on previous season stats slash overall rating for each new franchise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go

Allyn posted:

All of the stuff like that is held in the bottom left of the Edit Player screen (assuming you've got commissioner mode on - pretty sure you need it to create a player, anyway). You may need to scroll down a bit to find it, though, but all of height/weight/fastball speed (it bases the other pitches' speeds off of that automatically)/pitch quality/which pitches you have, etc etc, in that pretty length section.
But it seems to be randomly generated before each franchise, is that correct? As in, the (for example) fastball rating for Johan Santana isn't accurate? It's just taking his overall rating (presumably 95 or so) and synthesizing a 95 pitcher, but not his specific pitches?

I did find one CSV which lists the pitches though - just can't find the ratings for those pitches anywhere.

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Glad to see I'm not the only one who realigned. I went with old style - AL, NL, East, West. If you can't win your division after 162 games, that's not my problem.

What is my problem however was the divisional imbalance - 8 in the east, 7 in the west. I can never be in charge of anything.

• Locked thread