Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Tavarin posted:

For anyone that is thinking of getting OOTP 11:

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/newsletters/nl0062/

Yeah, for $25, pretty much can't go wrong until after the first nine patches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
So I've got this OOTP11 and I've had it for a while, sitting there, taunting me on my desktop. I want to do something with it. Anyone in any leagues that are looking for fillins, got any cool-rear end mods, scenarios, I don't know?

That logo is on my desktop! Help me have fun with it!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

tadashi posted:

I'm interested and would take either team. I've been playing OOTP 11 a lot since mid-summer but I haven't played in an online league before so I'd need a quick catch up on what I need to know in order to not piss people off.

I also would do these things. I will take the team he doesn't take. Thanks!

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Looking at the league site, it looks like it's the Dodgers and Orioles open?

Either way, I'd prefer NL, so whichever it is (Dodgers/Dbacks), I'd like. Cool, tadashi?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Buane posted:

There's a loving OOTP thread on SA well I never :v:

If Toona's pimping out the SCMLB, I'll take that cue to fill out the Rising Star League as well! We also operate over at BBSC so yeah registering an account is all hosed up for the moment but don't let that discourage you!

Anyway, the Rising Star League is a totally fictional baseball league. We're in our 13th season of online league play, though the league is actually in its 31st season. (who doesn't like a little extra history in their baseball league?)

Being completely fictional, as well as a "talent only" league (current player ratings are not displayed) it's not quite as friendly to brand new OOTP players, if only because OOTP does some kind of weird stuff from time to time and it helps if you're familiar with the game so you can avoid being misled occasionally. That said we welcome brand new players and it's really not that big of a deal and you guys are all probably smart enough to handle whatever but I figured I'd mention it.

Over the seasons I've tired of the incredibly low hit/miss ratio when it came to recruiting randoms from the ootpdev boards. We had a handful of open teams, but very recently we've siphoned off some newer goon members from Toona's recruitment here. We also have some goon members who have been around for much longer.

Still, there remain two available lovely teams. The Chicago Phantoms and the Vancouver Wolves. Both are aging former powerhouse organizations, so the cupboard is kind of bare. Should anybody be interested in giving the league a shot, feel free to get in touch with me. :) No rush, the 2020 season is winding down so there isn't much for a new GM to do with these teams besides get acclimated.

Ah, so this is the RSL mentioned last night in my martini haze. I'll take the Phantoms, if that's chill with you.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
OOTP11 question -

Is there a way to Split: Last Year, Double-Split: Versus Lefties? When I do it that way, it doesn't do the double-split, and there's no way to Split: Versus Lefties, Double-Split: Last Year, since Last Year isn't an option in Double-Split.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Telex posted:

is there a release date yet?

April 12 to the public, April 10 to preorders. In theory.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I haven't gotten my email, woe is me, woe is me.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I am completely loving OOTP13. It feels streamlined and fast as hell compared to...well, every other OOTP ever.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Looks like iOOTP is on sale for the offseason, $1.99.

Getting my first iPad this week; good game? Or should I just stick with OOTP13?

And...sigh...any openings in the leagues? I NEED BASEBALL IN MY LIFE, BADLY.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Harlock posted:

Pretty sure we have plenty of openings in the SCMLB, I think you were a member at one point.

http://simcentral.net/forums/forumdisplay.php/245-SimCentral-MLB

We just switched over to OOTP13 last offseason. We're one sim away from Free Agency, so great time to get in.

Yeah, I was in. And I guess I'll be back if (Toona?) will have me back. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Toona the Cat posted:

I no longer control the league. It's in the hands of rujasu, a long-time SC member, and good guy. I went to a Nats game with him!

Werd. I'll throw him a message on SC, then.

• Locked thread