Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Lincecum, Cain, and pray for rain

PeteRoseHaircut posted:

Has anyone bought BM '11? If so, how is it? Are there actually any real changes or is it just the same game with an updated roster like it is every year?

http://www.sportsmogul.com/vbulletin2/showthread.php?t=201775

Those descriptions actually make the game sound really appealing, I'll probably check out the demo some time this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

danifestmestny posted:

http://www.sportsmogul.com/vbulletin2/showthread.php?t=201775

Those descriptions actually make the game sound really appealing, I'll probably check out the demo some time this week.

After playing around with the demo for a bit there's little reason for me to buy 2011 over reinstalling 2009. The new FA dynamic is sort of cool but is too straightforward (make an acceptable offer -> player says another team has offered more -> match new demands or give up). The injury list is an easier way to manage things but not a deal breaker. I didn't notice any difference in trade logic - at the deadline I traded a mediocre starter for 3 75+ rated relievers to bolster my pen and the other team got basically nothing out of that. :confused:

BM is still missing an easier way to manage depth charts, lineups, and the DL on a day to day basis for me to plunk down $30 for a new edition.

I'm looking at OOTP's website and forums right now. From what I'm reading and looking at (screenshots-wise) it looks like something more up my alley. Does it have actual MLB players yet or are roster sets easy enough to come by?

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

drat it the more I'm reading about OOTP the more I'm wanting it. Wish I had done this research a few weeks ago as that $10 pre-order discount is no longer.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

I'm busying myself with OOTP8 and liking the setup. How the gently caress do I sign a free agent though? I'm on a player profile, click the action menu, but there is no offer contract option like I expect there should be. What's the deal?

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Sorry for the triple post but if any of you got OOTP11 yet (or BM I guess), I'd really appreciate it if you posted a review and your impressions of the game. I'm considering the leap from BM09 to OOTP11 soon but I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

gyroball posted:

In class all day, OOTP does not run well on netbooks (BBM does by the way) but will post trip review later tonight

Yikes. My laptop is dying and I've been debating picking up a netbook as my next computer. That's a little concerning. Looking forward to trip report.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Thanks gyro, that's exactly what I was looking for in terms of a review. I might wait a while but I'll eventually pick up ootp this year. Curious for those of you saying it runs like rear end on your netbooks, what are your computers' specs and what do you think is causing the slowdown?

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Traxis posted:

OOTP 11 is on sale for $29.99 until July 19th, just a heads up.

Just checked BM's site and bm2011 is down to $24.99 for the time being. I'm torn.

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

Pardon the double post but

gyroball posted:

In class all day, OOTP does not run well on netbooks (BBM does by the way) but will post trip review later tonight

If someone could address this it would pretty much make up my mind. I just picked up an acer ao532h (Intel Atom Processor N540; 1GB RAM; Windows 7, 32-bit) and am debating picking up ootp11 if I can get it on sale or just reinstalling BBM2009.

edit: anyone know if/how i can change the resolution in BBM2009? new netbook is at 1024x600 but i think the game is at 1024x768 or something. In any case i can't see the bottom part of the screen - where expiring contracts, injuries, etc. are listed

danifestmestny fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 19, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

danifestmestny
Jun 11, 2003

I asked a few pages ago, but I want to give it another shot: If anyone knows a way to get OOTP to work at a screen resolution of 1024x600 can you speak up? I figured out a work around for Mogul so I can play it on my laptop, but I still haven't found a way to get OOTP to run on my netbook.

• Locked thread