Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

:gonk:

JT Jag posted:

Hell, I'd be up to buy the game if there was an online goon league

this! I love to play these types of games, but not alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

For those of you that play HBD and OOTP are they very similar?

Is there enough variation to make playing both worth while?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

No lie, once in a sim the computer generated a guy named Cletus Fuckhat.

Was he an all-start?

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

That stuff is awesome. Makes me want to go out and get the game.

Then set the foreigner percentage to zero. Keep baseball pure :colbert:

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

jeffersonlives posted:

Someone talk me into getting the new OOTP or Mogul, I can't deal with 4 hour bar lectures without something going in the background and all I have is a Mogul release from a couple years ago.

You can download OOTP 8 for free. That will always kill some time. I have yet to buy any OOTP but I might get the new one soon.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

If you guys like BM and OOTP you should check out WiS HBD.

jeffersonlives posted:

Trimonthly advertising post: the goon Hardball Dynasty league is opening up again tomorrow.

Hardball Dynasty is sort of the baseball version of a MMORPG from a general manager's perspective. You draft, sign, promote, put together rosters, run a farm system, scout talent, and basically do everything except actually play the games in a 32 team world. It is a lot of fun (especially when your 20 year old uberprospect wins the MVP as a May callup), we have an active and pretty stable base of owners, and our seasonal threads in TAQ get thousands of posts. Plus you'll get to meet WIS superstar Art and get all the Marvin Lyon jokes! A great way to stave off the offseason doldrums!

A major upgrade for season 14: our goon league finally went private and installed SAS superstar ThatsMyBoye as league commissioner. So although there's still non-goons in it, we can now ensure that goons who want to play get spot priority over random dudes, which has been a problem in the past. And instead of having to be on-call for the league to open up because we filled within hours, that can proceed at a more leisurely pace. Much less of a pain in the rear end!

I know there were a couple of people who tried to get in the last couple seasons and got locked out. Not a concern this time! The first trial season is $15 and it's run by Fox Sports so it's pretty safe and all that stuff.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Maybe one day I can post on the sim forums :(

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Deathlove posted:

Ah, so this is the RSL mentioned last night in my martini haze. I'll take the Phantoms, if that's chill with you.

You are going down!

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Hey Buane and Toona my work just blew up in my face, I think I just lost pretty much all my free time. So if you want to find others for my teams, I am cool with that.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Mornacale posted:

If you want (and it's possible to do), I'd be willing to be some sort of temporary co-GM with you in Toona's league. Then we could potentially both play without taking too much time for your work and my thesis, and when you have a lighter load I could hopefully take over another team. And then I'll trade you Adrian Gonzalez for a bunch of scrubs!

I would be down for this.

tadashi posted:

How many people are now waiting for authorization on the SimCentral forums?
<- raises hand

Me too.

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Mornacale posted:

Scrotos, I've been trying to catch you on AIM to discuss the team. Is there some other good way to get in touch with you?

Also, Toona (or someone who knows the game), could you tell us if co-GMing a team is possible or not.

It very much so is, you just gotta know my password and stuff so when you download the file you can log in as me. I am on AIM most nights all night or on gchat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrotos
Sep 8, 2003

Cheezymadman posted:

Welp. Reinstalled OOTP 11. Not like I had anything productive to do anyway. Should I bother getting involved in an online league with 12 coming out in the spring?

That said, is there a thread or a list of Goon-run leagues for 11?

The two goon-run leagues are mostly housed over on sim-central forums.

• Locked thread