Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VonHugenstein
Feb 16, 2004
They Call Him Monsterrod
I've been a pretty loyal Baseball Mogul customer for most of the past decade, even going back to the very first version. After last year's edition I finally got frustrated over the piss poor trade and free agent AI and overall lack of depth and realism. With each recent edition I found myself getting bored earlier (woo hoo, I have a roster full of young all stars within 3 seasons). So I decided to give OOTP 11 a try this year.

Thus far I'm fairly impressed -- the depth of options is considerable and the game feels more realistic in a variety of ways, from statistical accuracy/player evaluation/player development, to trade and free agent systems and AI, to the random league progression option. At times it does feel a little too deep, or maybe more to the point the UI is pretty cluttered and unintuitive.

The only niggling problem I've had is one that a couple of posters alluded to above, in that when I allow the AI to take any control over roster moves I come back to find a number of ridiculous moves, reassignments and even releases/signings/waivers that take longer to clean up than than it would have to just comb the drat roster myself. Is there any way to tweak the AI in this area? It's the one frustration that is limiting me from giving this game a fully positive recommendation as I tend to have a simulate/play for a little/simulate playstyle and I also like to sometimes let the AI "refresh" my roster in case I've overlooked anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread