Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

So I finally had someone break Cy Young's 511 victories on BBM -- Tom Seaver, who has 584 and counting as a 37-year-old.

:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Captain Kickass posted:

In BBM 2010 I took control of the Senators in the 1961 expansion draft. I'm now in 1983, Dave Kingman has 750 career home runs and is still going strong, One of my pitchers is a career 312-39, and last year my team went 145-17.

Replace Senators with Pilots, 1961 with 1969 and Dave Kingman with Gorman Thomas and you have one of my favorite BBM '10 franchises.

60s expansion drafts are the best.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

So I just got OOTP '12 and I am overwhelmed to say the least. I know it's more detailed than BBM, but can anyone who's played OOTP for a few years give me a quick primer on the most important parts, or a general synopsis of what I need to know?

thank you, fellow baseball simulation nerds!

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Arctic Baldwin posted:

My god. 28-0 with 31 starts

I need to go dig up one of my old BBM '09 games where LaMarr Hoyt went 32-0 in 32 starts in 1979 in my historical franchise. It was the craziest season-long pitching performance I've ever seen that game spit out.

And in true BBM fashion (and mirroring real life, I suppose), Hoyt fell apart and was done within like four seasons, I believe.

Now that I'm reminiscing about BBM, has anyone else built an absolute bandbox of a park and just seen what sort of numbers you'd put up? In my 40+ year Milwaukee Brewers historical franchise, I built a park with the shortest dimensions possible (with a capacity of 100,000) and it led to Gorman Thomas retiring with almost 1,000 HR.

• Locked thread