Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sixide
Oct 25, 2004
In OOTP I have a scrub backup catcher serving as my DH, he just won the "Rookie of the Month" award with a .287/.289/.598 line with 21 K, 0 BB, 9 HR.

I also have a 1B with 33 H, 33 BB, and 63 K.

This team is going places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sixide
Oct 25, 2004
OOTP's fictional player generation is really strange.

I have a 21-year-old middle reliever with 99 stamina, throws 99MPH, with a 60 GB%. There's no excuse for this guy not to be a starter. On top of that, the AI passed on him for 15 rounds of the draft. I drafted him, but can't sign him because I don't have the money.

There's a bunch of other guys with strange balances of skills that just don't make sense, like a SS with otherworldly pitching stats, Jack Wilson defense, and horrific batting. His batting would be barely passable if he ever developed fully to his potential.

I almost want to convert him to a pitcher and see what amazing pitcher fielding would look like.

Also if you want to game the system, turning your pitchers into position players allows them to become fully rested at the beginning of every day. One of my relievers has thrown 150 innings halfway through July.

• Locked thread