Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Male. Bi. Unix. posted:

It also doesn't seem to get "albatross contracts", I traded Jason Kendall and Jeff Suppan ($12.5m contract, 2 yrs) to the Mets for Livan Hernandez ($1m, 1 year) and cash. I haven't tried trading Vernon Wells but I bet you could if you tried.

It values players with bad contracts at $0 instead of negative value so you can just package them with any prospect and get another team to take them.

I've had a lot of fun messing around with BBM but in order to get a realistic sim you have to sort of add your own guidelines because otherwise it's so simple to exploit the AI. Especially since some of its player evaluations are a bit wacky, like the 86-rated Ty Wigginton above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

MagicCube posted:

Even though some really weird things come out of it, I'm really liking OOTP's ever-adapting game world. In one game the Blue Jays relocated to Jacksonville, in another two expansion teams entered the league (Columbus in AL Central and Austin in AL West), and in my most recent game this happened:

Crazy stuff.

does this stuff happen by default or is there a setting you have to enable when you start up a game?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Harlock posted:

i see you and raise you:

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

ThatsMyBoye posted:

2019 lmao

somehow his slash line that year is still worse than real-life 2004 barry bonds

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Mogul 2012 is out, by the way.

Running out my first into-the-future sim now and Eric Hosmer won the AL MVP in 2012, 2013, 2014, and 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

gyroball posted:

Looking at the features, I'm not sure if Mogul has added anything significant for two years. And they're charging more. It's really a shame, I used to like it better than OOTP because it ran faster/was easier to get into.

yeah, i haven't noticed any significant differences yet except the rosters. i'll happily switch to OOTP the moment that i can figure out how to play a season on it in even 1/2 the time it takes me to play a season of BBM.

• Locked thread