Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

For what it's worth, you can set OOTP so that you don't have to micromanage it as much. I let the AI manager run the lineups and stuff while my minor leagues are pretty much run independently of me. That leaves me to do all the fun stuff like free agents, trades, and the draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I wasn't planning on getting OOTP XI but for what it's worth X ran wonderfully on my 2006 Macbook.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

gyroball posted:

Double post but I felt like this should be highlighted. I haven't seen this show up yet (have played only a couple weeks in my MLB 2010 game) but this is pretty :monocle: and is moddable so some amazing poo poo is gonna come out of this:

From a dev on the forum

Interactive Lets Play OOTP?

You still owe us half a season plus interest!

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

What I'd really like to know about OOTP is how to adjust the window size in OS X. I keep messing around with the window size options in the preferences menu but the only one that does anything is maximized. I just want to play in a window that doesn't clip my dock :argh:

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

tadashi posted:

the problem is that it's not really a bug, it's bad AI. A lot of the AI moves in ootp don't make sense and I feel like there is more micro-management than I'd like. There seem to be certain combinations of skills that gently caress up the algorithms in in ootp. Right now, the ai in my historical league is in love with Dave Martinez. I mean he's above average in several categories, but why would I start him ahead of Griffey who has the potential to hit 40 HR so long as the ai stops benching him?

You can actually force the CPU to start players at certain positions in the Game Strategy menu on a player's profile. I always had my infielders starting in the wrong positions until I figured that one out.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

After one season in OOTP I had to turn all that dynamic season stuff off. The Marlins moved to Austin out of nowhere!

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

So in OOTP 11 I once started a Major League game and manually replaced every single team's logo and uniforms with custom ones I had downloaded before. I want to start another one, but is there an easier way to do?

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I think Agent Cooper's picture doesn't show up in the PDF, but it's pretty good otherwise.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

I really don't get what the deal is with OOTP 11's resolutions. I could play 10 in a window just fine on my laptop, but now even the smallest resolution is too big to play in windowed mode. I guess I've gotten used to playing it full screen but it really is the perfect game for running in the background while I'm doing other stuff.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Harlock posted:

Hi, my name is Harlock and I run the Oakland A's in Toona's OOTP11 league (which you should totally join if you're interested). I operate them with a low payroll in mind (not that I need to) and turn over my bullpen pretty much every year/other year. I have yet to give a player over 10m (per year) in the 7 seasons since I took over. This presents a bit of a problem because my ace SP is hitting Free Agency:

http://www.toonathecat.net/scmlb/news/html/players/player_22798.html

2 CY Youngs and a Perfect Game under his belt while playing for my A's in addtion to one elite postseason where we reached Game 6 of he ALCS. He also had a string of 19 starts with either a win or no decision, I think it was 14 wins. I wish this would be the real Matusz because he's brought me so much success.

OOTP experts, do I resign him for a 5 year deal at 13m/y at the age of 31? Most players die around 34, and his ratings have been in flux from all 8's to 7's depending on the sims.

Oh and here's some pretty crazy splits on players that I drafted:

http://www.toonathecat.net/scmlb/news/html/players/player_26394.html (former Montero level catcher - 28% of runners thrown out)
http://www.toonathecat.net/scmlb/news/html/players/player_27396.html

For what it's worth, I had Brian Matusz in my OOTP game and I didn't resign him for exactly the same reasons. He ended up getting something in the neighborhood of 5 years $50 million from Seattle and ended up being worth about twice as much. He won a Cy Young and everything!

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Oh my god, OOTP 13 is the best.

And another one!

Inside Outside fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Apr 15, 2012

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Telex posted:

haha goddamn.

I wish that I didn't have thoughts of buying the game right now just for things like that.

The dynamic storylines are actually much cooler than I thought they'd be. A lot of it is fluff like players opening restaurants and taking girls with leukemia to the prom, but a really cool one was reports of a feud developing between Tim Lincecum and Brandon Belt that got to the point where they got in a fight in the dugout. Following that the Giants went into free fall and with Lincecum in the last year of his deal they put him on the trading block.

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

My favorite OOTP story was when Zack Cozart went on the DL because he hurt his shoulder chopping firewood in the middle of July. A couple of weeks later I got another news story where he admitted that the story was a lie to cover up his extramarital affair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Outside
Jul 31, 2005

Speaking of Facegen, there's no mod to give accurate Facegen faces to Major Leagues in Add On Central yet and I can't start until I have that!

E: Actually, if I start now will I be able to add them later when they're ready?

Inside Outside fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Mar 21, 2015

• Locked thread