Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

OOTP 11 is on sale for $29.99 until July 19th, just a heads up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

stuart scott irl posted:

How do you guys do long term sims in OOTP without running into poo poo like "Random Low A team has an illegal number of players (7)!" in the first roster expansion? I'd love to sim a few decades and just leave it running but that always happens

Under Game Setup > League Setup there is an option to fill the league with fictional players up to the roster limit for every team.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Retail Slave posted:

In OOTP 13 is there a way to have the real ML teams but all fake players without having do make it yourself in a custom league? I'd love to play the MLB from about 1920 or so onward with expansions, relocations, expanded playoffs, etc coming at the correct historical times, but without the advantage of knowing which players to draft/trade for during certain historical times to kind of up the challenge a bit.

I'm sure there's an easy way to do it but I'm an idiot. Also when I try to do something similar to this with fake teams the 2nd draft I do has like 12 players total in the pool. The first draft will have a complete draft pool, the 2nd draft like a dozen players, and then every other draft after that will have a full pool. Is there any way to fix this glitch?

All you have to do is create a historical game, and then disable 'Import historical rookies' in league settings. Then clear the league rosters and delete every player from the free agent pool. Now fill the teams with fictional players. If you want you can clear the rosters again and hold an inaugural draft. The league will evolve and expand like it did in real life but all players will be fictional.

For your draft question, under league rules you can change the number of draft rounds and players generated. You will want about 5 rounds for every level of minors you have. So if you just have AAA, AA and A, you would do a 15 round draft and generate players for 16 rounds.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Add http://ootpmods.com/mods/ootpmods16.xml to the server list in Add-Ons Central and download the 2015 All in One mod, it contains the facegens. It should update existing leagues.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I have a spare OOTP 16 Steam key if anyone wants it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

I have an extra Steam key for OOTP 17 I'm letting go for $25 (Google wallet).

E: Sold

Traxis fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 22, 2016

• Locked thread