Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

YF19pilot posted:

What country are you in or what continent are you on?

I am all the way down in New Zealand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

Serotonin posted:

gently caress Wayland Games. I've been using Firestorm exclusively for last couple of years following poo poo service from Wayland in the past but last weekend they had some good deals on Bushido minis so I ordered some. They were all in stock allegedly. Of course after 5 days no sign of them. Checked the order and it says waiting stock. They always pull that bullshit.

I ended up using Firestorm games; thanks for the heads up.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

How dare you mock the glorious (ridiculous) land battleship :argh:.

Who makes the 28mm T-35? I just realised it is 15mm.

While I am editing :

Speaking of 15mm I got my first box of FoW Great War (the British) and the Germans shouldn't be too far behind. Ironically the package was padded with a folded up page of a recent white dwarf.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Aug 18, 2014

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I'm a daring dawn raid, tiny Germans invaded my letterbox. I'm very impressed by the delivery time from England; I only ordered these last week.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Nude Bog Lurker posted:

He's from New Zealand. Traditionally we're used to a six week trip on the slow boat and then NZ Post kicks it until it breaks.

I was mostly impressed at what the owl could carry.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

The numbers/types units "legal" per the saga rules ; so it should be legal in C&C although equipment may differ. I only put legal in quotes because the build really depends on the points you are playing with; currently you've got 5, most games I've seen are usually 4 or 6 points.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

To my surprise, I also got my WGI, I wasn't expecting it till later in the week. Since I am away later in the week it means I'm not going miss it and have to wait till I get back. Plus I can read it on the plane :woop:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Blitzkrieg covers the European theatre and Burning Empires covers the African theatre. Both include lists for the British.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Sep 12, 2014

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

NTRabbit posted:

Oh I get that they and Hellfire and Back have British forces in them, I'm just asking are they worth it? ie Have they been superseded, or is there a compendium, etc

As far as I know there aren't any books superseding these; however I think the desert books have slightly more refined versions of some of the lists in blitzkrieg.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

New Zealanders of course; but I might have a slight bias in the matter.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 09:57 on Nov 7, 2014

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Doesn't look like it; but I found out they now make plastic 1/100 WWII Aircraft.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

YF19pilot posted:

Why would you post this, you horrible, horrible person? Do you want me to spend all my money? For now it's just the Stuka and Typhoon. I'm tempted to order but I don't have a set up yet to work on them. May just have them ship the kits home and I'll play with them later.

We all know the answer to that question :getin:

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Looks like Studio Tomahawk (Saga, M&T, Jugula) is jumping on the World War One bandwagon.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I don't know what this hobby is any more

I am very aware of the date it was posted

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Those pictures don't really encompass how massive that diorama really is; somewhere amongst the throng is 18 Turks that I painted.

I was lucky enough to be in the right place and the right time so I was able to help flock and ready the diorama on a couple of weekends.

Circled is approximately my little bit of Chunuk Bair :3:.

Overall my contribution was tiny but it was a pretty cool to have the opportunity to be part of it. The Perrys are top blokes too.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

DiHK posted:

That requires effort.

I feel like most of the cool online mini places for historical stuff is brit/euro, but that could be confirmation bias.

At least we're not AUS/NZ.

Usually shipping from Blighty is either free or very cheap. I hardly buy anything from the US these days because of the shipping. If we are talking retail prices then I will just go sit in a corner and cry.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

I feel that the 18 more dollars a year over the buying 12 issues in a store is worth having it delivered for "free" and on time every month.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

lilljonas posted:

Look at aircraft model makers, not Warlord. Their aircraft are just resales of other manufacturers anyway, in this case a 1/72 diecast plane.

1:48 is one of the most popular scales for aircraft. 1:56 pretty much doesn't exist. If you want aircraft that is the same scale as your troops you should look at 1:48. If you are ok with smaller aircraft representing that they are flying around high above the battlefield you should look at 1:72 or even 1:144.

I never really got this thinking because as a player you are mostly looking down on your mans from above so essentially the aircraft are closer to you perspective wise and therefore should be bigger.

I know it's an old modelling trick to mix scales and to force perspective; but that all depends on where the focal point is. I'm pretty sure we don't always play from the eye level of our mans.

No Pun Intended fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 12, 2016

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Isn't kings of war built off Black Powder anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

Class Warcraft posted:

This is my go-to site for finding miniatures. It's really not more than a bunch of lists, but it's a good starting place.

For plastic Soviets, aside from Warlord there is also Plastic Soldier Company: https://www.theplasticsoldiercompany.co.uk/product-category/russian/world-war-ii-russian/28mm/

You used to be able to get Soviets from Wargames Factory but they're out of business now. There are still boxes floating around, but personally I'm not a fan of their minis - they're fairly stiff.

Honestly, the way to go in my opinion is to just invest in a 3D printer. There are some really great options for most of the major nations nowadays: https://wargaming3d.com/product-category/stls/156-28mm/ww2-156-28mm/soviet/

I just did invest in a 3D printer; and I didn't know wargames3d existed. This is going to end poorly / awesomely