Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

What are your favorite Wild West skirmish rules? I'm going to be moving into a house that will finally allow for a wargaming table and I've always wanted to print up a bunch of Whitewash City buildings and do my own little spaghetti westerns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

There are also zero plastic western miniatures, which is a real bummer. I was able to keep my Frostgrave purchases to like $1 per mini because of Wrath of Kings being dirt cheap and the North Star boxes, but I think I'm gonna have to pay for metal for this particular pipe dream.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

moths posted:

Warlord just announced Epic Waterloo, and it looks pretty loving great except that you only get one side in either starter and it's a weird scale.

So you either double-dip for both sides or have a friend who is also willing to dive into their new scale.

The ACW box had a lot going for it, but this seems to have missed a very important part of what made the previous box good.

I was thinking that this box was going to be my entry into historicals, but the full buy-in being $280 is WAY too much for someone who just wants to play kitchen games with their partner.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

SERPUS posted:

Sorry, what does CoC stand for?

Chain of Command

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I have never seen a website that takes longer to load than TheMiniaturesPage. I don’t know why that’s the case.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

Wait, there's a SAGA version with Greeks and Persians in it?

Yup! Saga Age of Hannibal.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

lilljonas posted:

There’s an Age of Alexander in the work too, they put up a preview today on the battle boards. Afaik the idea is to later tie it all up with an Age of Caesar.

Oh hell yeah, that’s great.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

feedmegin posted:

Hanibull well known for winning at Thermopylae...

Okay fair, but it's got Greeks in it!

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Isn't it mostly because of the battle boards? I could see keeping those physical and having a digital rulebook but grogs are gonna grog.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I am very excited for my Zombicide Undead or Alive box to show up so I can use all the minis in it for Dracula's America and never touch the base game.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Is there a skirmish game that does chanbara samurai movie combat well? I would love to do a one vs many Zatoichi or Lone Wolf and Cub game but most samurai rules seem to be focused on larger scale.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

A friend from work gave me a sprue of old-style Bolt Action infantry and god drat, I can see why people hated these things. I knew about having to glue the individual weapons into hands, but helmets on heads?

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I’m not super worried about it, since I’m just gonna use the torsos and arms for Zona Alfa kitbashes. It’s just very funny coming from the newer sprue I have with guns in hands.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Nah, the rules are a free post on it: https://www.patreon.com/posts/play-turnip28-50212485

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cannibal Smiley posted:

The link to the Google Drive rules doesn't work. I guess he must have taken them down...?

The attachment at the bottom of the post does though! https://www.patreon.com/file?h=50212485&i=7850899

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

There's also the Warlord Spec Ops miniatures for Project Z: https://us.warlordgames.com/collections/project-z/products/project-z-spec-ops

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://twitter.com/horrorhammer1/status/1613227111262654468

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Anyone have any experience with Gangs of Rome? They're doing a Kickstarter for a new edition next week and street-level ancients skirmish gaming with an ongoing campaign sounds right up my alley.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Crossposted from the Kickstarter thread, Gangs of Rome 2nd Edition is up and the minis they're showing look tight as hell. Already pledged for that gang of knife-wielding farce actors.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Tias posted:

I can't properly tell how to pledge for the add-ons or how much it costs? Can someone versed in poundage help out?

I know when I selected my pledge tier, it popped up a little Add On page with all the extras.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Also the new stretch goal is a Citizens of Rome plastic box set through Wargames Atlantic.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

lol yeah it's so weird. i'm part of like 5 or 6 and it's basically the only reason i use fb

A lot of olds are historical gamers and they famously don't want to learn other platforms. I'm thankful that every game has a Facebook group and not, say, a bespoke Peter Pig-rear end website.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Cessna posted:

It's hard to think of anything worse than theminiaturespage.

TheMiniaturesPage's greatest sin is that it barely loads. It's a crapshoot whether or not a link will ever open for me.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

spectralent posted:

Randomly neon armies aren't something I've seen but I have seen pop-culture-history armies and I think people usually think they look rad. I've also seen occasional pink panthers for the joke which is a bit more eye-roll-y, but still.

I've always wanted to try a blue Sgt Rock-style Nazi army.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

I really wish there were more heist/organized crime skirmish games, I would love to kitbash some Wargames Atlantic Partisans and Great Escape Gunslingers into Sam Peckinpah-esque mobsters and run the equivalent of a Richard Stark novel.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Southern Heel posted:

May I propose one step further for this thread? "Politics? Never heard of it. Now back to the game."

Nah, No Politics At The Gaming Table generally leads to a tacit endorsement of incredibly bad politics.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/deadmanshand/dead-mans-hand-redux-2nd-edition-starter-set/

Great Escape are crowdfunding a new edition of Dead Man's Hand. The main reason I'm excited about this is the plastic buildings and street scatter they're offering.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Robert Facepalmer posted:

They have never done PDFs because apparently PDF=piracy.

Never mind that other than Frostgrave, I think Saga is the most common wargame pdfs that I have seen floating around. Grogs gonna grog.

The combo of No PDFs + never actually having rules consistently in stock has made my decision on Saga for me.