Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Bought some 1/72 stuff to get started with Force on Force. One thing I'm wondering is whether I should base any vehicles I pick up - is this something people do, or do they use them unbased in that scale?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
My local pound shop has diecast humvees that are 1/67, so close enough to use with the 1/72 US soldiers I bought today, nice!

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Is there a site like this, but for armour camo patterns?

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Bit of a weird question, but are there any WW2 or more modern setting wargames that either have simple enough rules to be played by a seven year old kid who likes tanks?

A gamer friend has a son who isn't yet ready for the sheer number of dice rolls and special rules in 40k, but is excited about trying out more basic wargames that involve tanks.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
So some years back I put together a bunch of 6mm stuff for exciting Cold War battles and played around with Cold War Commander a bit. I think I looked at A Fistful of Tows as well at the time, but I can't actually remember very well.

Looking to get back into it and bring out my old forces, and wondering what the current hotness is for cold war(gaming) in 6mm with up to a couple of dozen armoured vehicles and supporting infantry on a side ? Are CWC and FFT3 still the go-to rulesets for this kind of thing? I have been entirely out of the wargaming loop for a while.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Phi230 posted:

Yeah pretty much those 2. There's a new game coming this year called Battlegroup NORTHAG that has people excited

Cessna posted:

Battlefront's Team Yankee has been adapted to 6mm by many - I'd saw it works better in 6mm scale as it reduces the ridiculously dense formations into something more visually believable.

I'm not saying Team Yankee is good, but it is popular. ("current hotness")

Thanks! Basically I'm planning to re-watch Deutschland '83, crank up some Nena tracks and then start getting excited about the Fulda Gap again.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Cessna posted:

I'm on a Cold War nostalgia kick myself. I like the Team Yankee models - who doesn't like little T-64s? - but the game itself is quite unimpressive. I'm hoping Battlegroup: NORTHAG is good.

May I recommend the Netflix show Comrade Detective?

I love Comrade Detective. The scene where you see young Iosif in the USA is great.

Essentially I just want to play through minor actions from Red Storm Rising, in all honesty.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Geisladisk posted:

I'm just over halfway through painting up a force of Team Yankee Russians myself.

Time to crush the yankee Imperialists, Comrade?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Phi230 posted:

Basing vehicles?

Arquinsiel posted:

For 6MM it really helps.

Yeah just makes life easier and the paint last better than if you keep grabbing them. Also I like basing stuff, to be honest.