Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

soviet elsa
Feb 22, 2024
lover of cats and snow

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

yep. its rare to see an amazing paint job, but also rare to see unpainted minis. the aesthetic is a big part of historicals, but i think part of it is the aesthetic of mass, or uniformity, and it just doesnt work without painted minis. its why when someone suggests painting their nazis pink or whatever its like "haha yeah gently caress the nazis, but im not playing on that table"

I’ve been thinking about getting into historicals, specifically with the Perry Miniatures DAK because 1. The models are pretty and 2. the regular historical players at my FLGS are three dudes mirror matching Bolt Action Brit on Brit on the 40k desert tables that easily convert if you replace the 40k buildings.

And last time I was there one of the guys had mentioned he was painting some Italians.

So yeah I don’t want to roll up with Nazis, and have people think it’s because I love Nazis. I do actually think they have the coolest-looking tanks, but mostly I want to get into historicals without being the lady who rolls up from 40k with the Nazi army. But I want to paint them as the Nazis they were. Especially because I’m a Mizrahi Jew and I loving hate people pretending Rommel was a Good Nazi and ignoring North African Jews that he did what he did to.

I guess my question is can I paint DAK and not be labelled/heiled as a Nazi-lover?

Especially because if it was the opposite of three German players, I love British uniforms aesthetically as much as German tanks and would happily buy Perry 8th Army and would probably make them Māori or Indian.

soviet elsa fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 13, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU