Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

The last bunch of guys I knew who were into reenactments was a medieval group that dressed as knights. Basically what they did was cover themselves in several layers of chainmail, pounds and pounds of plate and livery and then charge at each other in unchoreographed fights with real (blunt) swords.

Invariably they all got pretty battered and spent most of the time hacking at each other's shields. It was about as coordinated as boxwars, but I was about 15 at the time so I thought it was loving awesome.

Nobody knew what cosplay was back then, but I think if any of them did, calling them a cosplayer would have been a serious decapitation risk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shallow
Feb 9, 2005

big_g posted:

That dude's awesome. For about 5 seconds I thought he was smoking a pipe, but it's a microphone isn't it? You should replace it with a pipe.