Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
I really like the Wargames Foundry Zulu line. I'd try to build up an army of them, but no one I know plays historicals, and even if they did the racist comments I'd hear from other people in the store would probably result in a multiple homicide.

children overboard posted:

Woah. Could you post some pictures of 1mm miniatures??! That sounds hilarious. Do you move them around the board with tweezers?

It's probably a ship combat game or something. BFG is probably around 1nm scale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Not everyone cosplays the AWI like you do.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Lord Commissar posted:

In IRC we were coming up with some scenarios/forces for Ambush Alley that would be less offensive:

* Panama
* Grenada
* Chechnya
* Israel/Palestine (okay, that might offend)
* Some kind of Blood Diamond Conflict scenario

I guess I just see no reason to make it US v. Arabs or something.

How about Aztecs vs Seljuq Turks? Laotian Peacekeepers vs Roman Communist Partisans?

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Here's another whitewash method using a liquid mask:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/273289.page

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

I'd be kind of surprised if those brushes don't bounce back to being good as new.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Jinjin Bemar posted:

No flags as of yet as I am still trying to find ones I like.

http://www.flagline.com/id0186A04

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

While this figure will be thought ridiculous by those only interested in historically accurate figs, since I also have an interest in fantasy battles, I'm delighted that WF stuck to the exposed cleavage and questionable lower armor. A woman in historically accurate armor would be nearly indistinguishable from a man and I see no point in such a line. For fantasy battles however, bringing out the sexiness is key to making an all-female unit worth putting on the table. That said, I do have to agree that the female form itself is not captured in the sculpt as well as I had hoped. It's like the punch was pulled at the last moment. You've got this really sexy set of armor on a girl I'm not sure I'd pick up at the local bar. I'd have gone full bore on this fantasy figure by exaggerating the thin waste (achieving the classic Playboy 34-24-36 measurements) and celebrating the female form in the sculpt. Still, I'll give you guys a "B" for the figure and an "A" for keeping it a scantly clad fantasy figure instead of something "realistic."

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

http://www.wargamesfactory.com/announcements/update-to-3d-amazon-view-now-in-color

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

At the smaller end of the scale, apparently GW's Legends of the Old West is actually rather amazing at skimish scale and isn't as focused on shooting as you'd think. Never played it myself, but should be cinematic enough for ASOFAI.