Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Anyone know of a source for WW2 Belgians in 15mm? I'm trying to make a Chain of Command Belgian 1940 force, but I'm having trouble sourcing the D.B.T. launchers and SMG troops. List found here: http://toofatlardies.co.uk/blog/?p=1890

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Are there any rulesets around that work well for very small numbers WWII combat? I'm starting a modeling project doing up a few German and French infantry and a tank for each from 1940 and it would be cool to be able to play armymen with them.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

lilljonas posted:

How many are "a few"? Vanilla Chain of Command is made for playing one platoon vs. one platoon plus support, which is genereally 30-40 men with maybe an AT gun, a tank, or some engineers with a flamethrower or whatever. It even works with reduced strength platoons: we started learning the game with platoons where we left out one squad on each side.

I'm modeling Tamiya 1/35 so a platoon is quite a bit more than I'm willing to spend. I'm thinking maybe a rifle team or something similar per side max.

I've looked at Bolt Action as a possibility, but I'm kind of hoping there's some obscure ruleset out there that works better.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
That seems like what I'm looking for, but it also appears to be an OOP Warlord Games product? I can find a blogpost on their site about it, but links to the store are dead.

Thank for the lead!

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

lilljonas posted:

If you are down with a digital copy, it's available on Wargame Vault:

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/150397/Operation-Squad-Evolution

Otherwise I'd check ebay/amazon, or wargaming sites with second hand sales thread such as bartertown or The Miniatures Page.

I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the PDF as it was pretty cheap and the rules seem to be exactly what I was looking for, thanks

Unfortunately, all the lists are Late War (TM) so I'll have to bodge stats for what I'm modelling if/when I get to try it out. I wish more gaming companies/gamers were into cute early war tanks.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

DiHK posted:

Does CoC ever get played in 1/35? I've got some tamiya models/troopers sitting around; my original plan was to build a diorama but dual purposing my gerrys would be pretty cool too.

I asked a similar question earlier as I'm modeling some Tamiya myself, and a couple suggestions were Operation Squad and Crossfire. I feel like small engagements fits 1/35 better maybe.

I bought the rules for Operation Squad from this link and the rules seem pretty solid with ready-made stats for late war Germans, British, Russians, and Americans.

lilljonas posted:

If you are down with a digital copy, it's available on Wargame Vault:

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/150397/Operation-Squad-Evolution

Otherwise I'd check ebay/amazon, or wargaming sites with second hand sales thread such as bartertown or The Miniatures Page.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

lilljonas posted:

A clubmate bought the rules, and I got and bought a box of French infantrymen and a box of Dragoons from Perry. I still haven't read the book, but he confirmed to me that it would be more than enough for Sharp Practice.

54mm Napoleonics sounds sweet, though. It's like this thread has been on a 54mm/1:35 bender lately!

It's just 1/35 is just such a great scale to build in and most 1/35 infantry don't have the weird "heroic scale" golem proportions going on.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Did they really not mix the two styles of winter uniform very much? Even the Tamiya kits seem to mix great coats and the padded jackets.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

Colonial Air Force posted:

Not in the photos I've seen. I mean I'm sure there were times, but I don't believe it was all that common.

And to be fair, that's what I'm basing it off of: photo evidence.

Yeah, fair enough. Maybe it's a mix of "disorganized reds" bias and some sort of war montage effect.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Not quite sure why no one would resell the sprues, but I don't think they're playable in those small of numbers so maybe that's it? Or possibly that the box is pretty cheap already, so 1/6 sprues wouldn't be a very good margin.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc

StashAugustine posted:

Need a bit of advice here- I'm working on objective markers for Saga using livestock and shepherds, I can fit a couple onto a base but so far my usual process for metals with the cast on base is to glue to base, apply basing material, then prime and paint; and it looks to be kind of a pain to do that with multiple models on a base

This is a little involved but when I don't want the cast base I tend to snip off everything except for the material beneath one foot, cut/file that down into a peg, and drill a hole into the base to run the peg through.

It's like pinning without having to fiddle with matching holes. A big drill bit is crucial though so you don't have to do a lot of shaping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
I haven't bought a box but I've had my eye on Great Escape Games' Gunfighters I & Gunfighters II for cowboy games.