Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpinyNorman867
Jan 5, 2006
".....Dinsdale?"

Arquinsiel posted:

If you get the Festungs Kompanie box you will not regret it. This I promise you.

I'm looking to do something similar to Sokrateez and have seen this boxed set too. I don't have any rule or army books yet and I have no idea what makes this a better choice than the other boxed sets of similar size or price. Can you give me a few more details?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpinyNorman867
Jan 5, 2006
".....Dinsdale?"
If I have the grenadiers from the Festungskompanie box, can I later upgrade them to panzergrenadiers just by adding the necessary trucks or halftracks? Are panzergrenadier models different and non-interchangeable? They seem to be equipped more or less the same.

SpinyNorman867
Jan 5, 2006
".....Dinsdale?"
Thanks for the feedback! I started to order the Festungskompanie box, but canceled when I found out shipping was going to cost me 45 bucks. The Warstore is sold out after having it on clearance for $36, which is a huge bummer. I eventually wound up ordering two panzergren boxed sets plus the command. The Warstore still has the old airborne rifle company on clearance, so I picked that up too. It seems like absolutely killer value. If I'm adding points up from the D-1 book correctly, the old boxed set plus the Sherman tanks from Open Fire should total up to about 1500 points.

SpinyNorman867
Jan 5, 2006
".....Dinsdale?"

lilljonas posted:

Samurai

Nicely done! I think the bases have just the right amount of crowding; it gives them a vibrant or busy feel.