Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Indolent Bastard posted:

I am a dummy and meant to post this here, not the thread that expressly says no historicals.

No! Why? Why did they do it?

Zombies are so over, why would they do this? It's not like I can't find half a dozen other model companies to supply me with models for this already, and why would want fantasy crap like this in my historical game? (OK pseudo-historical, but the point stands.)

What's next, Cthulhu?

E: Yes they are White Walkers, but I still don't care.

I just assumed it was an April Fools when someone told me about this the other day. Now I don't know what to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I just had to glue a metal tail onto a 28mm metal horse. Sympathize with me.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I didn't have a pin small enough. So now that tail is mocking me, just waiting to fall off during a game.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My friends have decided to start collecting WWI for Blood and Valor this fall and I have selected the French. Does anyone know of any painting guides?

I picked up a VMC French Mirage Blue to represent a greyed-out Horizon Blue, but is there a better choice? I won't be going red trousers.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Is there any appreciable difference in terrain for WWI vs WWII western front?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I can vouch for Great War. Their French line is fantastic.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Played some Blood and Plunder finally. This is a pretty nice game that plays quickly and bloodily.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Does anyone make a good line of cold war/1970s Soviets in 28mm? Zona Alfa is coming out soon and I'd like to make a couple of bands for that.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Skirmish level, Firelock games just came out with Blood and Valor. On Tabletop has done a few Youtube videos on it. I like their system, which they also use in Blood and Plunder, for Pirates.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
My group is starting Bolt Action so I picked up the Blitzkrieg starter. I’m no stranger to model building, but there are zero instructions to this thing when it comes to the infantry. I have two cavalry-ish bases with rounded corners and two 50mm rounds that I don’t see a place for. Are the snipers supposed to lay in the ovals? If so how do they see over stuff?

Help?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Perfect, thanks guys

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I just placed an order today from Warlord. They charged me $14 for courier shipping.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I keep seeing kits by Rubicon Models. Are these wargames minis or more scale model stuff?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I need to figure out a bocage system of terrain

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Ilor posted:

What scale? For the bocage, I mean.

1/56. For Bolt Action.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Tried branching out into the local Bolt Action community. It's a bunch of old men who are very vocal about their politics, which aren't mine.

Might just play with friends.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Looking at dipping our toes into 10mm Napoleonics. Best easy rule set?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

No. 1 Juicy Boi posted:

Yep exactly. I've tried exactly what you suggested, but then the horse's legs comes out the width of a hair and that doesn't print well :)

Luckily I found what I'm looking for on Wargaming3d!

Linky? I'm in the same boat with EU.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Played some BA today that wound up grossly one-sided. Tabled the Germans while losing only a couple minis. It didn’t feel good.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
The new game Silver Bayonet is historical horror in the Napoleonic wars. I’ve been looking around for appropriate miniatures but just buying a box of infantry won’t get me much variety. Is there a good source for era-appropriate personalities?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Fantastic, thanks so much

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
What are my options for Pike and Shot gaming? Besides Pike and Shotte I mean.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
If I mix Perry and Victrix 28mm Napoleonics, is there going to be a major issue? I have a ton of Perry but I really like the Victrix.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
In Sharp Practice, is a Leader part of a unit or is he a separate model? Like the French Peninsular list has a Leader over a unit of 8 dragoons. Is that 9 models or 7 and a Sgt/Leader?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Thank you

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
As I'm building out a Sharp Practice French Peninsular army, what are the must-have auxiliary bits? The wagons and such?

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Bolt Action is just 3rd edition 40k with the numbers filed off anyway

We played ACW with Blood and Steel last night. Getting the hang of it finally. Really gives the feel of some brutal close-in skirmishing.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Large parts of Bolt Action are just 3rd Edition 40k with the numbers filed off anyway

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Nope, just that a lot of it runs on the same bones. Priestley wrote both, so they are similar siblings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

So I have enough models now to run either of these starter lists for Sharp Practice, and a bunch of Support choices. Now to get on with actually playing the game.