Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord of Sword
Dec 12, 2006

We live thinking we will never die.
We die thinking we had never lived.
Cut it out.
I searched the thread and didn't see Blakfish mentioned yet. They were friends with and on the same label as bands like Colour and Tubelord, and like most of those bands they've already broken up. I think they're probably my favourite band in the genre even though I generally don't like hardcore music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YREocBCLxYo

The 3 remaining members who didn't suddenly quit mid-tour formed another band, &U&I:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T88EPLPs3HQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord of Sword
Dec 12, 2006

Cut it out.
Tubelord have announced they're breaking up, after one last show. Almost everyone hated their 2nd album but their first and the EPs are some of the best math-rock albums ever made. I chose to go and see another band instead of them earlier in the year, now they're another of my favourite bands I'll never get to see live :(

Lord of Sword
Dec 12, 2006

Cut it out.

Pork Lift posted:

Wow, thanks! You've given me a lot to look through here but on first listen I'm immediately well on board with Tubelord (I only seem to get into bands as they break up) and Bear Cavalry. I'm currently about to check out This Town Needs Guns properly.

You could check out Big Scary Monsters, loads of British math bands including Colour, Tangled Hair, Adebisi Shank and Tubelord are/were signed with them. I think Colour were the best band in the entire genre, but a couple of other good bands from that label are Tall Ships, Calories, Rosa Valle, Mimas and Blakfish (more mathcore but still fairly poppy).

• Locked thread