Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

IntoTheNihil posted:

Thread needs more Maps and Atlases! Definitely my favorite band in the "genre" next to Converge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ao5bDX_uKqE

Their latest EP is totally different but incredible at the same time.

Totally 2nd this. Saw them play in a basement in Allentown, and they are absolutely ridiculous.

Also, my opinion, but Math Rock = Prog Rock. Just mincing words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

d0grent posted:

They're definitely very closely related, but I think prog rock tends to have mostly really long drawn out songs and "math rock" tends to be more energetic. Prog Rock is an actual genre of rock though so you have a point.

Ha that made me laugh.

Do you guys consider Mute Math "math rock." I do mostly because they have Math in their name. Regardless of genre the band is loving awesome live.

Seriously, King Crimson should be discussed more in this thread. I don't even have much of their stuff and I'm saying that :)

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Harminoff posted:

Are there any other bands that focus on the drums as the main instrument? Most music is all about the guitar or vocals, and drums are around to keep the beat. I love drums though, and would like to find more music with them brought to the front of the band.

Toe is awesome though, everyone should check them out.

Just listen to the Album Rich vs Roach. 20x in a row. It will melt your face.

• Locked thread