Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I'm all about that Cleveland show. Celebrating the end of college in style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Been listening to Don Cab 2 and American Don today. I always liked What Burns Never Returns but I'm feeling these way more. Maybe because I'm listening with good headphones that really bring out Che's drumming.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Magic Stick and The Grog Shop seem like really small places for Minus the Bear. They sold out the Grog Shop with Cursive(?) pretty quickly, and when they co-headlined with Circa Survive in Michigan they played Royal Oak Music Theater, which is a legit music hall.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I mean, the point is that they can draw much larger crowds, not that they can't fit on stage at a tiny club.

EDIT: I guess that's what they're going for. The Facebook announcement says they're going on "an intimate tour."

Henchman of Santa fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Jul 29, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
No, but I like bands like This Town Needs Guns just fine in spite of that.

Anyone check out the new Adebisi Shank yet?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
You Slut! broke up yesterday. Adebisi Shank broke up today. Rough week for upbeat, unserious math rock.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Anybody seen TTNG live? I just moved to Chicago and live within long walking/short bus ride distance of the venue where they're playing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bomblol posted:

Same!

Alright, I'm looking for some suggestions. I really love Maps & Atlases' Perch Patchwork, it's one of my favorite albums ever. They hit a beautiful middle ground between the typical math rock of their first release and the poppy indie rock sound of Beware and Be Grateful, and the diverse instrumentation is just great. So what else is out there that scratches that same itch?

This Town Needs Guns

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Fall of Troy just announced a tour with motherfucking And So I Watch You From Afar on the Eastern leg (and Kylesa, who are rad but not thread-relevant, out West). Even better: they are playing Doppelganger in full.

:getin:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Fall of Troy and And So I Watch You From Afar were absolutely insane tonight. ASIWYFA are the best live instrumental band I've ever seen, although I wish they had played Set Guitars to Kill.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Rust Martialis posted:

Read the OP. Is there a summary of why this isn't just called Prog?

Prog has much more to it than just odd time signatures

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have no idea where to talk about Lightning Bolt but I saw them last night and it was pretty wild. They didn't play on the floor though so I feel like I didn't get the full experience.

• Locked thread