Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

mcsuede posted:

Our closest grocery store just stopped supporting Discover, which needless to day is $50-100 in cashback per year lost. Luckily a new store just opened not too far away so we'll switch to them, but I'm realizing we need a fallback Visa or Mastercard with rewards. Is Chase such a lovely company that we should avoid them? The Chase Freedom card is similar to our Discover, otherwise I guess we could join PenFed for the Visa Platinum. Our credit score is high 700s.

Chase has the best mobile banking app I've ever used (no Penfed/USAA acct), their web interface is fine. The annoying thing is calling in every quarter asking 'GIVE ME THE DISCOUNTS!' You can call anytime in the quarter to get retroactive credit, but it's annoying as poo poo to do it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blinkman987
Jul 10, 2008

Gender roles guilt me into being fat.

minute posted:

Anyone have an Amex platinum? I just applied for the 100,000 point sign up bonus and was planning on cancelling in a few months, after a couple trips I have coming up, but after doing some calculations, the travel benefits might actually make it worth to keep even with the $450 annual fee.

For business travelers, the offers are awesome in that you expense your meals and keep the extra $5-$15 refund that you get on your statement from the offer. Same with airfare or hotel if you book your own.

You could close it and go with the Delta Platinum when the 50k bonus comes back, right? In the meantime, the Chase Sapphire Preferred has a promo going on.

Blinkman987 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Oct 28, 2014

• Locked thread