Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RTB
Sep 19, 2004

sonic bed head posted:

I can use this thread for my question rather than making a new one.

I am a big costco user nowadays since my decision to get healthy. I am trying to decide which amex card to get. I have very good credit, never been late on anything and just request an increase of $4000 in my credit card limit (I never go anywhere near that, I just know it's better to get a higher credit limit) and was approved. The amex blue bonus edition is tempting me but I don't really know if I should pay a $30 annual fee. Are annual fee's always useless? Should I always try to get a card with no annual fee?

My credit card right now is a citibank visa with very little rewards.

Have you looked into the Costco Amex? No annual fee as long as you're a Costco member and pretty decent rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RTB
Sep 19, 2004

sink the biz posted:

Here's a question for all my fellow point whores:
I'm changing employers, and my corporate Amex card which has 60k points on it will need to be retired. I'm trying to figure out the best bang for my buck when I redeem the points.

Here are the options I was considering:
1. Transfer to my Continental FF account - it's a 1:1 conversion ratio.
2. Transfer to my Starwood account - it's a 1,000 MP : 333 SPG conversion ration
3. Redeem for Amex gift cards - Redemption value is 10,000 MP's for every $50 card. I'd net $300 "cash" out of this
4. Comedy "donate to charity" option

Any suggestions or pointers?

Check out the below link. You pick what rewards you have and what you want to end up with and it gives you the best way to convert them. I would personally go with *wood points, but I'm trying to save those up for a vacation so I may be a little biased.

http://www.webflyer.com/programs/mileage_converter/

• Locked thread