Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Anyone got takes on Xenos Rampant? It looks kinda interesting as a minis agnostic 40k ruleset, but I'm not quite sold on how it plays. Only got through half a solo game before realizing I was consistently forgetting firefight, which does make the game much more static. Still not really excited by the scenario design, and there seem to be some weird issues with the unit upgrades- for one it seems like you 100% always want to upgrade to a 10 man unit, much more than any other upgrades at the same cost?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

The machine spirit always needs to sleep at 5pm every other Friday, you should have planned for this

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I think thengreat advantage of "matched play" is you don't have to agree ahead of time what stuff you're bringing or what scenario you'll play, just show up with an army and you're set. I would like to see more interesting scenarios within this context though. I like Fantasy Flight (now AMG) games giving you a pregame scenario selection minigame, and it could be interesting to see that expanded- ie have scenarios where the margin of victory dynamically depends on the difference between the forces. I also feel like skirmish games (especially pre modern ones) have a tendency to feel like mini massed battles rather than a proper skirmish

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Has anyone played Moedipus' Mythic Commander? Looking for an excuse to get Warmaster stuff

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

The new Fallout: Factions game that's coming out might be right up your alley. It's super easy to play and teach, and it's good for both one-off games and campaigns.

https://www.goonhammer.com/fallout-factions-launch-event-and-preview/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ijEX1fTMms

This look interesting, any word on if/when they're bringing west coast stuff into it? I got a few NCR troopers a while back but wasn't interested in the rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Gotta say "Fallout: Factions" is really terrible SEO. Are the Nuka World gang sprues already released for Wastelamd Warfare or still on pre-order? Does anyone know if it'd be possible to use like 3d printed stuff to kitbash them as some of the Vegas gangs (Khans, Vipers, Fiends)?