Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
I totally said I was gonna get all the bikes out of the garage before I started buying more...

Already somehow back up to 6 bikes.

GSX-R500 is back in the house, needs carbs cleaned, oil changed (gotta drop the exhaust to do it), and the exhaust flange expanded for that can. I may race it in the California State Championship for stupid giggles.

Success with the tire changer, once I got it set up correctly, though, which makes me super happy. I'm waiting on changing any other tires until the no-mar bar shows up.

And here's my DRZ which is already sucking money out of my wallet.

Does anyone know the length of the stock suspension links on a DRZ? Mine is lowered for some reason and I can't figure out how/why. The suspension has been redone, it's awesome, but I'm weirded out that it seems to be missing 2 inches or so of suspension travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redscare
Aug 14, 2003
Yeah so uh, when are we goin ridin

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
This weekend?

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

This weekend?

Its going to rain and while I don't mind riding in the moist, its not all that much fun either

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

redscare posted:

Its going to rain and while I don't mind riding in the moist, its not all that much fun either

Buy a rain suit on new enough, it'll be here before the weekend. DO IT.

I'm gonna be riding offroad anyways, your stupid 650cc touring bike won't handle that well anyways ;)

Whiteboy
Nov 10, 2009
Well drat, now you have to buy a rain suit AND a dual sport.

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Z3n posted:

Buy a rain suit on new enough, it'll be here before the weekend. DO IT.

I'm gonna be riding offroad anyways, your stupid 650cc touring bike won't handle that well anyways ;)

You're right, it won't, because it has loving street tires

Whiteboy posted:

Well drat, now you have to buy a rain suit AND a dual sport.

I have one he's just making fun it because its a KLR

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Pansy. I'm pretty free these next few weeks though, just let me know.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
GSX-R500? Is it a slabby or a slingy? Oil-boiler (looks like water though)?

Nerobro
Nov 4, 2005

Rider now with 100% more titanium!
Neither. Well the frame is later than slabside. I"m guessing early-mid 90's. But it's a EX500 motor in a GSXR frame.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

Pansy. I'm pretty free these next few weeks though, just let me know.
Looks like I'm going to be out to California to visit My Wench this weekend (our 1-year anniversary) and the weekend of the 26-27-28-29 (Go Go Gadget Cesar Chavez Holiday!).

Pencil us in someplace, wouldja?

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jabs posted:

Looks like I'm going to be out to California to visit My Wench this weekend (our 1-year anniversary) and the weekend of the 26-27-28-29 (Go Go Gadget Cesar Chavez Holiday!).

Pencil us in someplace, wouldja?

I think we're going out riding this saturday, but afternoon/evening saturday or sunday is open, and the 26-29th is open at the moment too...just let me know what works.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.
I'm pondering bringing helmets and jackets with me and renting a pair of bikes for the day when I come out later this month - I found a place that has Ninja 250's for a paltry $75/day.

Saturday, we're probably going to a museum (a repeat of our first date). Sunday's an option.

*ducks out to PMs*

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Jabs posted:

Saturday, we're probably going to a museum (a repeat of our first date). Sunday's an option.
Ride to Solvang, its a museum.

edit: I should have been clearer, I meant the motorcycle museum.

jdonz fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Mar 3, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

jdonz posted:

Ride to Solvang, its a museum.

Also the Solvang Motorcycle Museum. You can see one of 10 Brittens there.

http://www.motosolvang.com/motorcycle.html

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Fly and Ride found!

Oh, wait.

Suddenly, I'm picturing myself having 19 zillion bikes, none (one) of which I paid over $1000 for.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

That's how it starts. Then you buy a fixer for 1100$, and then...then you have 6 bikes in the garage. I'm hazy on the details.

That's a hell of a deal on a VFR500.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jabs posted:

Suddenly, I'm picturing myself having 19 zillion bikes, none (one) of which I paid over $1000 for.

You are pretty much describing my lifes goal.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

You are pretty much describing my lifes goal.

That was my goal too until I had 5 of them and realized how much I'd rather be riding bikes than working on them. There's nothing worse than having 5 bikes in the garage but the only one that's running well doesn't have good tires on it or something. Maybe it's because there's no winter here so there's no time to be working on bikes.

I just spent 370$ picking up a 4 gallon acerbis tank and a 39mm Keihin flatslide for the DRZ. The wallet drain has started, but I don't care. It's on now.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 3, 2010

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

That's a hell of a deal on a VFR500.
I would absolutely fly and ride that one back to Colorado. I've been looking for a bike like that for a while (I've got major wood for the 400 version after seeing this - I come back and just listen to it again from time to time. Not available in the US, sadly...), but airfare to the Golden State is going to keep me just a hair too much on the broke side until that bike is long gone. :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jabs posted:

I would absolutely fly and ride that one back to Colorado. I've been looking for a bike like that for a while (I've got major wood for the 400 version after seeing this - I come back and just listen to it again from time to time. Not available in the US, sadly...), but airfare to the Golden State is going to keep me just a hair too much on the broke side until that bike is long gone. :(

Just pick it up this weekend :D

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Just pick it up this weekend :D
Have to see what the bank account looks like tonight after accounting for rent, etc.

Store it at your place until I-70 unfreezes for the summer? :v:

This is *your* project thread. Stop trying to talk me get me to talk myself into this. :P
(on the upside, even if I just brought it back here to resell, I'd probably make bank off it.)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 3, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jabs posted:

Have to see what the bank account looks like tonight after accounting for rent, etc.

Store it at your place until I-70 unfreezes for the summer? :v:

This is *your* project thread. Stop trying to talk me get me to talk myself into this. :P
(on the upside, even if I just brought it back here to resell, I'd probably make bank off it.)

If you want it, I'm happy to hold it for you, take care of basic maintenance stuff, and make sure the carbs stay clean :)

Edit:

I think I just figured out how I ended up with 6 bikes in the garage. :v:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Z3n posted:

I think I just figured out how I ended up with 6 bikes in the garage. :v:

It's the best disease. We just cut down from 8 to 7, and hopefully in another month or so we'll be down to 5!

Unless dirt bikes start showing up. I think some dirt bikes might start showing up soon.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Dirt bikes, oh god, it's a sickness. I can already see how this goes to the dark side. The bonus is that they're narrow, so it's easy to cram a lot of them in the garage.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Z3n posted:

Dirt bikes, oh god, it's a sickness. I can already see how this goes to the dark side. The bonus is that they're narrow, so it's easy to cram a lot of them in the garage.

Aye. The DRZ and the Husky have been locked in a cuddle for months now :glomp:

You can just shove them up against one another without care for doing damage... as far away as possible from the garage queens that are too expensive to risk a drop of one of the sumos off the stand ontop of it.

Really we need to get one of those awesome auto-garage systems where bikes come out of the floor and walls and spin around in a giant tie rack thing. Bike B-37 please.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

If you want it, I'm happy to hold it for you, take care of basic maintenance stuff, and make sure the carbs stay clean :)
I hate you. :f5:

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 3, 2010

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jabs posted:

I hate you. :f5:

That's a pretty awesome deal on an old BMW. ;) I'd be tempted to buy it, but I need another bike like I need a hole in the head.

Why don't you put up pictures of it complete?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

That's a pretty awesome deal on an old BMW. ;) I'd be tempted to buy it, but I need another bike like I need a hole in the head.

Why don't you put up pictures of it complete?
Cuz I posted it from work, and didn't have any (yet).

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Ahh, fair enough.

I just found out that my friend who was the driving force behind the endurance race out at miller has dislocated his shoulder (reoccuring injury) and will be going in for surgery soon, and rehab can take upwards of 2 years. So the endurance race is out for this year :(

Sucks.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

That was my goal too until I had 5 of them and realized how much I'd rather be riding bikes than working on them.

I just spent 370$ picking up a 4 gallon acerbis tank and a 39mm Keihin flatslide for the DRZ. The wallet drain has started, but I don't care. It's on now.

Dont lie to yourself.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Dont lie to yourself.

Oh I'm gonna mod the poo poo out of the DRZ. But I'll spend an equal amount of time riding it. So it balances out. With 5 bikes in the garage + the truck I had to spend a day just changing oil and handling basics. That's absurd. And the little things that aren't a big deal to address right off the bat start piling up and everything starts to go to hell. I'm perfectly happy to spend my weekdays working on bikes, but on the weekends I want to ride!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well you'll never kill my dream of being a crazy cat lady, but a guy, and with bikes.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Well you'll never kill my dream of being a crazy cat lady, but a guy, and with bikes.

And I'll come over, and help you break them and crash them fix them, mock you when you forget stupid things, and in general make a nuisance of myself! :haw:

I wish I could have a crapload of bikes but I just want to ride :(

I had memories of college today...I didn't look at the weather forecast and it's pouring rain. I took the F2 today, so no rainsuit because it's shoved in the saddlebags of the ZZR. And I only had a tinted visor. So I had a delightful ride home, soaked crotch, while riding a lovely 6. Just like college. I'm glad those days are over.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Photos on the Beemer updated, for those what care.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Jabs posted:

Photos on the Beemer updated, for those what care.

Man that exhaust is just comically oversized.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Man that exhaust is just comically oversized.
No doubt.
Blame CARB.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Phat_Albert posted:

Fabio beat you too it -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VSkY0MfOqk

that dude is nuts.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

And I'll come over, and help you break them and crash them fix them, mock you when you forget stupid things, and in general make a nuisance of myself! :haw:

I wish I could have a crapload of bikes but I just want to ride :(

Thats the beauty of living in Wisconsin. For 5 months of the year, we are in deep freeze, so there isnt anything to do but wrench, and get the bikes up to snuff for the summer. Seriously, I only order tires when there is like 3 feet of snow on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Phat_Albert posted:

Thats the beauty of living in Wisconsin. For 5 months of the year, we are in deep freeze, so there isnt anything to do but wrench, and get the bikes up to snuff for the summer. Seriously, I only order tires when there is like 3 feet of snow on the ground.

Yeah this is going to sound lame as gently caress, but honestly: It's loving expensive when you can do trackdays from Feb. to December.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Mar 4, 2010

• Locked thread