Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

I have seen things you dirtbikers wouldn't believe. 600s firing up the back straight of Sears Point. I've heard Ducatis rattle in the dark near the pit lane. All of these moments would be lost offroad. Like fuel in dirt. Time to ride.

I love Blade Runner. :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I love how GSXRs make that pop when you come off the throttle fast.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

Any bike will do that, it's just the free flowing exhaust that lets you hear it. I didn't rev it that high in either of those videos, maybe up to 13 or 14k, (redline is 16.5k).
Yeah, mine does it too but when I am at trackdays and I hear the really, really loud pops it's always a gsxr :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Hahaha, -same- thing happened to my F4i. Only much worse. It involved flames.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Is that a Kawi R/R? What's the deal with the wiring doing the swap?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
edit:Nevermind

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Find / gift him some gear, at least he's not buying a new 600. :(
On that note, I feel really bad encouraging people to start to ride or selling new riders my bikes. I've been a first responder to a fatal newb accident and I'd feel even worse if it happened again.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
After I got married my dad told me something to the effect of... "if it was up to me I would have said gently caress everyone else and gotten married on a beach somewhere like Tahiti and skipped the family wedding bullshit". Ours was extremely small, but I agree with him. ;)

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:44 on Apr 13, 2011

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Bunway Airlines posted:

Ours is pretty low key as well. I don't subscribe to wedding BS, but I did want an excuse to wear a big fancy dress and have people look at me. I am a girl sometimes after all. We're already legally married, this is the song and dance for family. I come from a very traditional family on my Dad's side and I actually like my family so it's worth it to make them happy. We put our own spin on it to make sure we were happy.

Hah, sounds exactly like my wife. :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Slim Pickens posted:

Must be taking more inspiration from Ducati than I thought.

Bass boat...

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
...so how much for the Trumpet...?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Where did you order the cable? The first one I bought from Amazon that was advertised to work with TuneECU didn't so I ended up having to order the one from the UK shop that everyone talks about. :suicide:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

I got this one:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003ZKKMLE/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

Which is probably the one on amazon you're referring to. Sounds like yours was just defective.

Maybe, it had a different chipset in it than was required to work (Windows identified it as differently driver wise). Also, when you do load a tune on it make sure you copy/paste the 3-6th gear ignition map over the 1st and 2nd ignition maps - it adds a little bit of power and reduces engine braking off throttle in lower gears. I'm gonna have the thing tuned here soon because I can smell it's rich and the throttle/power is soft.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
There is still enough engine braking to get the back end sideways, trust me. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I don't know if you've beaten the poo poo out of the 675 yet but are you able to get the front end to hop a bit in a hard left turn to right turn transition (or reverse), especially hard on the throttle?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

theperminator posted:

Did you try the drivers on the TuneECU website? Mine didn't work initially either and had some other name in device manager until I did that.

Yeah, I assume the cable was just bad. The new one works great. :)

Z3n posted:

What sort of transition? Like big lean to big lean, or more of a swerve? I can definitely get the front end light enough that without using my legs and making the movement a more physical body motion vs. using the bars it'll chatter a bit. But thats only when donging it up.

Big lean to big lean. I love how this bike turns in and transitions, sooooo quick.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

Daytona was stolen out of the parking lot today :(

Waiting for the police to come take a report. :(

Aw, what the gently caress???

What's next? I know you've thought about it. :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
mandango.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I should probably ship you that drat rear shock at some point... :suicide:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
...tha gently caress. Are they going to pay out again?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Does California have a law on how many vehicles can be titled in your name at a time? :v:

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Arizona is four in a 12mo rolling period, I doubt they actually enforce it unless you're abusing the system.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I want that. MMM.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

He didn't even mention the good poo poo - It's got a penske shock and racetech cartridges in the front, thusly the "most forgiving" part of it.

Pretty decent bike.

Just bought something for Spiffness. Can't say what it is though.

What did you pay for that thing? The itch is getting really bad over here.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Z3n, do you know this bike?
http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439494

gently caress cars. I'm selling mine. And I want to do a fly-n-ride. For a bike in Northern California.

gently caress yeah.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I'd be going back to clipons... I posted right before Hooli - I also noticed the legs being coated, which makes me wonder if the internals are stock.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Having never ridden one, I thought the Ducs were a long reach or something? How are they in reality?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Sweet jesus.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Well... protip: Suzuki has a recall on the front masters for all 04+ 600/750s coming really soon...

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Oct 17, 2013

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

SaNChEzZ posted:

Paging blackmk4

Hah. I wish. Was working all night so I didn't see this going on until too late.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Blue is the option to take here :D

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Chichevache posted:

White wheels will be white for 5 minutes before they're matte black with grime anyway.

Nah, it's not that bad at all.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
I plastidipped the wheels on my 675 white - whenever they did start to load up with brake dust I just sprayed them with simple green and hosed em. Came right off, even with that weird texture.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Oh sweet jesus. :)

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That frame looks quite strange. What is it? A hawk?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

Completely unobtanium out here. There's also the Kawasaki KZ1300/Voyager, but I already blew up one of those on a test ride so I'm a little leery.

How did that conversation go?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Are those ebay lights on the RC and 675 there?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Does it come with mounting brackets or is it just the straight up lighting fixture? I was looking at the LSL kit but there is no way in hell I'd spend that kind of money on a light... may as well find my plastics for that price.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
So the red light is the shift light, what indicates TC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Z3n posted:

Nemesis TCS unit purchased for no skill riding.

Played cat and mouse with a S1000R at a trackday today... thing laid down darkies leaving every corner. Pretty loving cool to watch. TC for cool poo poo.

BlackMK4 fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Oct 18, 2014

• Locked thread