Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
Wait, are you going to run a full structure cradle for the front and lower mounts? I have seen two separate bikes 08ish crf450s that have had cracked rear motor mount / swingarm pivot just from having the stock front mount lose while riding. Brace that poo poo.

Is that a stock steering dampener?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DefaultPeanut
Nov 4, 2006
What's not to like?
KTM chat!! Can I play?

2014 690 Adventure, bought new and burns ~ 1.3L oil / 1000km with 2450km on the odometer. Oil consumption only becomes an "issue" if it's over 1L/1000km under 8000km on odo.
2014 1190 Adventure - airbox issues. Have had to rebuild 3 top ends because they failed leakdown tests after 5 - 9k km. The airbox did not support the filter properly and let poo poo past. Like bees.
2014/5 1190 Adventure - 2 fuel pressure regulators and 3 fuel pumps on under 3k km bikes.
RC8 shift fork shaft spring was stuck to the drain plug magnet on first oil change
2009 250 xcfw, overheating issue when brand new - coolant passage not machined in case.
2012 530 exc exhaust rocker and shaft worn to oblivion for no obvious reason. 3200km on engine.

This one is more customer stupidity - 350 xcf -Customer attempted his own oil change, but instead of removing the oil filter cover, pulled off the oil pump cover and had the inner rotor and pin that locks the rotor to the shaft fall out. He put the rotor in, sans pin, filled up with oil and ran his bike until he "had to use throttle to keep it idling". After that it didn't start up. :downsbravo:

I'll give KTMs one thing though - their valves don't require much adjustment

• Locked thread