Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Z3n posted:

I also want to pick up a reasonably priced (ideally, 2k or less) street legal dirtbike that can also handle serious MX type stuff (ie, learning to jump, whoops, etc), to start training for supermoto races. Any suggestions? Or am I gonna have to suck it up and buy a non-street legal bike and drive it out to offroad areas?

I ended up just picking up a cheap dirtbike (97 KDX200) to beat up and ride off road. Am going to look and see if is possible to plate but I don't know if it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

drat good find on the DRZ. That thing has got to be a blast with all that work done to it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

ReelBigLizard posted:

Sorry Zen, but supermoto ownership is a perfect example of power corruption.

Giving someone a supermoto is like giving them a big red button labelled PRESS HERE FOR AWESOME and telling them not to press it. Except in this case its a lever marked FLICK THIS FOR AWESOME WHEELIE and another marked PULL THIS FOR WICKED STOPPIE.

I always thought I was such a responsible rider, chiding all the noisy wheelie-merchants, I was more responsible than that.

Very true. I was a good rider, I went with traffic and obeyed all traffic laws. Then I got the DRZ...I new lane split, wheelie, stoppie, cut through laws/parking lots/campuses/streams. Yet get back on the SV and I go back to a responsible rider.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

Stupid DRZs keep changing colors. :iiam:

I took it out for the first time today, had an awesome time, and then hit myself in the head with a tire iron attempting to change the tires on the g/f's DRZ. :argh: gently caress bridgestone, gently caress stiff sidewall tires. :(

I need to properly anchor the tire changing machine and pick up a no-mar mount/dismount bar.

Good to see you found a bike for yourself. Looks like it may already have some goodies on it.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

infraboy posted:

What the hell is wrong with me? I've been riding 6 months/4500 miles so far, i'm already hankering for another bike even though I have 2 right now, nothing logical makes sense for me to have more than that, it's some kind of weird disease I might have.

Don't worry more bikes is a good thing. I've been riding for around 8 months and have 4 bikes. Currently looking to pick up a track bike and trials bike to add to the group.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

Micron high mount (stupid loud)

Want to trade for a stock exhaust? Stupid loud is ok for my track bike.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Hope you're not even moderately into fantasy RPGs, because Skyrim may potentially wreck your life.

Skyrim is pretty evil. I picked it up the Saturday after it came out because I was sick and wanted to lay around playing video games. I now have three characters and didn't sleep much at all last week. That being said it is a great game other than some bugs.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

:whatup:

How long before that one gets chopped up? When you do I'll take the frame sliders and rear spools assuming they fit a first gen.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

This one isn't getting chopped but I do have a set of motosliders that might fit a gen 1...do you know how long the rod that goes through the engine is on those? They've been crashed but they're functional.

No clue on the length. I've been meaning to order a set but just haven't got around to it yet, your picture reminded me.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

So I'm doing some research on RS125 / 450 4 stroke swaps.

Why the gently caress are all of these swaps filled with dumb things like this:

Because most of the people doing the swaps are either morons trying to do it for as cheap as possible or morons who think they know what they are doing?

Also why change out a 2-stroke that likes to blow up to a 4-stroke that likes to spew oil and blow up? My 450R did not like sustained full throttle and poured oil out of the breather at track days. Now if I could street register my RS125 I'd love a CRF250/450X swap. The R engines are amazing but I was always afraid the drat thing was going to blow up.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

But it will be a blast. Might even be able to get it street legal...

Hell

Z3n posted:

Oh yeah, I have this other thing I'm loving with.

Yes

Shine on you crazy diamond bastard. I have a Honda RS125 and a spare CRF450R engine yes I didn't trust my CRF-tard that much that I really shouldn't combine.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

Well I know who I'm hitting up when my engine pops. :v:
Will deliver for half the cost of my flight out there and a couch to crash on. I'll even carry it on to make sure it's safe.

Z3n posted:

Curious to see what you think of the new zeros - the earlier ones I rode were poo poo.
I really need to test ride one of those things, next time I'm in Atlanta I'm scheduling a demo.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

Wonder how angry they'd be about you carrying on an engine.

I've never done a full engine but they might not like the fluids, that would be the biggest issue I think. I've carried heads, crankshafts, wheels and various other parts before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

Z3n posted:

Well, I just passed on a $2100 749 - salvage title, 19k miles, busted ignition, but would have probably otherwise been fine. You could easily cross country on a street fighter or the right sumo, but sumos are a bit more questionable for obvious reasons - the ones youd want arent really available significantly cheaper.

Thought about posting here instead of the chat thread. If I can ever decide on what I want my next bike to be and get rid of a couple I'll be getting in touch with you to see if you can find anything. I'm a big fan of fly and drive/ride and I'm out that way a few times a year with work so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch.

• Locked thread