Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

Well, Hi there MC Goatse.sx

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

Although I will admit, the thought did cross my head about trying to make my own transmission. They're fairly simple assemblies, it'd just require some careful planning and some very skilled machine work.

Machining tolerances for gearboxes are pretty insane.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

Get 20mm bearings, and have custom spacers made to fit the wheel in the forks correctly.
Get a 17mm axle made, and use the stock KTM bearings.

That would be the sane option.

Wouldn't an ebay'ed KTM axle with new machined fork bushings work?

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

And yes, that's another possibility...I'm going to call some bearing shops today and see if those sizes are standard. I've done some initial google searches but no luck on anything so far...the only ones I can find in that size are thrust bearings which aren't what I need.

Basically yes, they're "standard", as in: they exist. But why gently caress with the bearings. You can only change wheel bearings a limited amount of times before your tolerances are destroyed. Just get a KTM axle and let a machine shop make you some neat bushings for your fork. Cheaper and much less hassle.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

come friday I will cut down the spacers, install the front wheel, and then go to the dentist :downs:

You aren't supposed to cut down the spacers with your loving teeth. Amateur. ;)

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

ReelBigLizard posted:

Your car was built in the future?

More likely in 2009. The 2011 was released early spring 2010.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

needknees posted:

It's a never ending battle to keep a black car clean, especially in an area where I end up driving on gravel on a regular basis :(

Teflon wax is the answer.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Spiffness posted:

Z3n's Project Useless Thread

The thread is a project.

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Ola posted:

People don't kill people, sumos do.

I'm afraid, that I might have killed people as well as motorcycles. Does that make me a Sumo?

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

frozenphil posted:

Since you're a goon there's a good chance that you are a sumo, just the wrestling kind and not the motorcycle kind.

184cm and 82kg, I'm hardly a Sumo. More like a moped. gently caress, I think we spoiled Z3n's project thread. (No, he actually accomplished that himself)

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot
I'm an authorized Norse Asatru prophet.

I foresee, that once there will be an actual project in this very thread.

Keep this thread bookmarked kids, and the new world enlightenment will be just too obvious.

(Laverda Orange) http://www.google.com/images?hl=da&rlz=1G1GGLQ_DAZZ267&q=laverda%20orange&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&biw=1024&bih=512

Blaster of Justice fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Oct 22, 2010

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

For the low low sum of 40$, I got this wonderful weld:

It's well worth it, mate. I don't see any reason to not support your local, blind spastic welder. How well does he hide his Parkinson disease? Is this your welder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaster of Justice
Jan 6, 2007

by angerbot

Z3n posted:

Was she wearing her ring? Haha.

I'd have to ask her when I proposed, I'm absolutely poo poo with dates. :ohdear: I guess regardless you're right though, it was about 7-9 months ago.

Jesus gently caress. Stickers, proposals, weddings and probably soon kids in a MC project thread. This won't end well.

• Locked thread