Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I'd replace the clutch cable with a MotionPro teflon-coated item, and put in an aftermarket set of plates and springs since it's a maintenance item anyway. You'll need a better clutch when you add a big bore kit and higher compression, not to mention once you upgrade to a Stage II ported head and aggressive cams.

Reverse is unnecessary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

How I wish I had a week to do a fly and ride right now...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611696

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Sweet. FYI the LC1 will log to a laptop through a serial cable, never tried it...

When I adjusted my bike I'm not sure I gained power, but when I leaned out the needle relative to the main I was pretty happy with the change power delivery as I twisted the throttle. Maybe I got less power at middle throttle openings, but having acceleration ramp up as you approach WOT is nice. That was on my CV anyway.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Oct 26, 2010

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Zenaida posted:

But then if it's terrible I won't know if it's because it actually tastes terrible or because I cooked it wrong.

Where's this list anyway?

Eating shark is kind of like eating bald eagles. Dining from the top of the food chain is never a good idea.

A list is here: http://www.montereybayaquarium.org/cr/SeafoodWatch/web/sfw_factsheet.aspx

Watch "End of the Line" on Netflix to get a sense of the scale of the problem (no pun intended).

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

^^^ Blastbeats. :black101:

redscare posted:

Well since we're talking Norwegian music, check out Mayhem http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayhem_(band)

This is what Norwegians listen to when they get up in the morning.

Windir is also notable for their frontman, Valfar, getting himself frozen to death in a snowstorm before he could make a lovely album.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Apr 19, 2011

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I can't decide whether my next cosmetic upgrade for my KLR is going to be a METAL BUTTON which is a black button covered by an interlock that switches on handlebar speakers that are connected to an always-on MP3 player with a playlist of BLACK METAL. Pressing the black button presses play on the MP3 player, which shuffles in a random track of punishing grimness...or just rig up the godfather horn.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Maybe you shouldn't have spent those first few miles with the front wheel in the air.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Looks like the passenger seat of a compact car. If it were a motorcycle, I'd expect a truck to be involved.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

quote:

The game's levels are fairly linear in nature and incorporate several horror elements, the most prominent of which is darkness. This design choice is not only intended to foster feelings of apprehension and fear within the player, but also to create a more threatening game environment in which the player is less likely to see attacking enemies. This aspect is further enhanced by the fact that the player must choose between holding a weapon and holding the flashlight, forcing the player to choose between being able to see and having a readied weapon upon entering a room, which consequently leads to a more deliberate pace for the player. In addition, the levels are regularly strewn with corpses, dismembered body parts and blood, sometimes used in conjunction with the game's lighting to disorient the player.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

The turn in question:

The vehicle in question:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/20-Impakt-Sidehack-BMX-Bicycle/12554957

First time around (actually) was Z3n inexplicably wearing out his shoe trying to slow the sidecar wheel while I coasted down the hill and toward the turn at a leisurely pace. Second time was Z3n saying "let's see how fast this thing can take that turn" and me saying OKAY! and cranking from the top of the hill, then discovering that the brakes are not only weak but indeed totally ineffective at higher speeds, and not suitable for slowing our combined weight down to a sane corner entry speed. Something about the pesky exponent in E=M*V^2 I guess? This led to a rapid evaluation of the remaining slope (not promising) and a reevaluation of the upcoming turn (more promising). Amazing how it changes when you look at things in context. I put the rig on a wide, expanding radius arc through the turn and let it all hang out. Z3n did a monster job of getting his weight to the inside.

"Trust the pilot. Respect the monkey."

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Feb 16, 2012

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Bucephalus posted:

I'll be generous and give 3 weeks until it's motorized.

A battery pack under the sidecar platform and a rear hub motor would be pretty sick, and help solve the problem of having to push it up hills as well as reduce its tendency to fly the car at the slightest right hand turn.

Functional brakes are a priority though.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

http://www.electricrider.com/crystalyte/phoenixiikit.htm

PHOENIX II 7240 sounds like just the ticket at 2880W (72V/40A).

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

You are the most infuriating motorcyclist ever. I swear to god, when will you get yourself something so prosaically practical that you will have no compulsion whatsoever to take it apart, improve it, part it out, or otherwise diminish its function as a motorcycle?

A PC800, perchance?

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Real men don't put no stinkin' concepts on their bikes. Just glitter.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Even the camera averts its gaze.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

The KLR. Obviously.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

You definitely need a grid of headlights. (88)

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Is that an SV? May I ride it?

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Like men, motorcycles are forged of steel and fire:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

I think he is waiting for a layup machine from KTM's Indian partner, Bajaj.

• Locked thread