Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Z3n posted:

Oh, believe me, I know. I took the DRZ up into the hills a couple days back, and it was great because I could ride like a complete rear end in a top hat, wheelies on corner exit and stoppies on corner entrance and there was absolutely no one around to see it. It's like my own little play area.

She told me a few days ago she wants to learn to wheelie, and I feel half :ohdear: and half :neckbeard:
If that's not half 'she's the awesomest girlfriend, ever' and half ':fyeah: Wheelie Partner!", she should dump your lame rear end. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
When I first saw Sparky, he reminded me of my favorite comb. He was missing a lot of teeth.

Ola posted:

It's not as bad as Harleys that run open primary drives, right next to their jeans chaps.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Pansy. I'm pretty free these next few weeks though, just let me know.
Looks like I'm going to be out to California to visit My Wench this weekend (our 1-year anniversary) and the weekend of the 26-27-28-29 (Go Go Gadget Cesar Chavez Holiday!).

Pencil us in someplace, wouldja?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
I'm pondering bringing helmets and jackets with me and renting a pair of bikes for the day when I come out later this month - I found a place that has Ninja 250's for a paltry $75/day.

Saturday, we're probably going to a museum (a repeat of our first date). Sunday's an option.

*ducks out to PMs*

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Fly and Ride found!

Oh, wait.

Suddenly, I'm picturing myself having 19 zillion bikes, none (one) of which I paid over $1000 for.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

That's a hell of a deal on a VFR500.
I would absolutely fly and ride that one back to Colorado. I've been looking for a bike like that for a while (I've got major wood for the 400 version after seeing this - I come back and just listen to it again from time to time. Not available in the US, sadly...), but airfare to the Golden State is going to keep me just a hair too much on the broke side until that bike is long gone. :(

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Just pick it up this weekend :D
Have to see what the bank account looks like tonight after accounting for rent, etc.

Store it at your place until I-70 unfreezes for the summer? :v:

This is *your* project thread. Stop trying to talk me get me to talk myself into this. :P
(on the upside, even if I just brought it back here to resell, I'd probably make bank off it.)

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Mar 3, 2010

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

If you want it, I'm happy to hold it for you, take care of basic maintenance stuff, and make sure the carbs stay clean :)
I hate you. :f5:

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Mar 3, 2010

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

That's a pretty awesome deal on an old BMW. ;) I'd be tempted to buy it, but I need another bike like I need a hole in the head.

Why don't you put up pictures of it complete?
Cuz I posted it from work, and didn't have any (yet).

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Photos on the Beemer updated, for those what care.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Man that exhaust is just comically oversized.
No doubt.
Blame CARB.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Hey, you can lane split with an AR, too, y'know...

...for a few short minutes, anyway.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
I don't remember that Honda being there when I visited?
Tell me more?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

The idea of racing sumo is cool, but I think I'd need a lot more dirt experience to be halfway decent at it.
Are you doing it for fun, or are you doing it to win? My thought is that if you're doing it because you enjoy it, who the hell cares if you're a backmarker for a couple of seasons?

I took the MSF at the IMI Motorsports Complex in Erie, CO. There were a number of guys out there on various sumos, and just a couple on sportbikes. The sumo guys never left the pavement, and they looked like they were having WAY more fun.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

MotoMind posted:

How I wish I had a week to do a fly and ride right now...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=611696
Expanded sidestand foot plate
Spider Handgrips
Unabiker Rad guards
Hi Bar KX handlebars
Heavier rear spring(Oem spring included)
Heavier front spring(Oem springs included)
OEM Seat

Really? All that kit, and the OEM seat - on a DRZ - to ride the whole TAT...

Really?

That's a brave, intrepid adventurer!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

...almost a year ago now. :v:
...is not!

W. and I were out to visit you two in *March*, and you hadn't proposed yet - or perhaps you had, but were keeping it a very super close secret? =P

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Was she wearing her ring? Haha.

I'd have to ask her when I proposed, I'm absolutely poo poo with dates. :ohdear: I guess regardless you're right though, it was about 7-9 months ago.
I remember you popping in here and being all, "HAI GUYS GUESS WHAT I FINALLY loving *PROPOSED* TO my girlfriend!!!! Oh, and I did some bike stuff this weekend, too.", and it was after I got back from California, and may even have been after W. and I broke up.

In any case, I read that and was super happy for K. She's getting a good man. =)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
I'll take two.
One for the DRZ
One for the place where the coke goes on the hood of the M3. :)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
I'm just going to leave this here for you.

(Well, more for your lovely wife, really.)

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/11/fords-diy-kit-lets-your-fiesta-fly

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

2ndclasscitizen posted:

Fatso.
Fatso, or fetish? :quagmire:

(I can't unthink that, so I'm inflicting it upon all of you!)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Well, stunningly accurate renditions of my inner being aside, the fairings will be picked up tomorrow and I got the chain yesterday, so I might even have a working bike this weekend.
When you get the 'real' fairings down the road, I vote that Gulf Orange be replaced with Ducati..er...pink? Lavender? What the hell is that color, anyway?

:black101:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

I'd rock that bike.
drat right!

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Well I know what color the B bike is going to be! :v:
Really?

Get outta town! :)

As I was working on it yesterday, I kept thinking about the different races I've watched over the years, and the one thing that got stuck in my mind is that people-not-in-the-know will pick out someone to root for by the paintjob on whatever is racing.

People might show up to a Rocky Mountain Vintage Racers event because they know someone who races an old big-block Corvette in one division, but not know poo poo about anything else - and will pick out the 'cool' car to root for in, say, the Formula VW race.

So, after I posted, it struck me that Gulf Blue and Pink is definitely a 'cool' take on a classic paintscheme. Won't help you catch any podiums, but it'll definitely get you noticed. =)

drat if those colors don't have me thinkin' now. gently caress.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Dec 3, 2010

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Also, the DRZ has a blown headgasket. So it's getting parted :(
*patiently awaits a price list on the stuff I ticked boxes for in the For Sale thread, to see what I can afford...*

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

I apologize for the lovely quality of the photos but it gets the idea across. I'll get some better ones when the bike is actually rolling.
B Bike Colors, cuz it's Monday and we've got fires we're putting out at work of the Hurry Up And Wait sort...

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

I think I'm finally learning how to write ads so I filter out most of the idiots. But it is craigslist, after all.
Yeah?

Got any secrets you'd not mind divulging? :D

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

NitroSpazzz posted:

:words:
Skyrim is pretty evil awesome. I picked it up the Saturday Friday it came out because I was sick on vacation for Veteran's Day and wanted to lay around playing video games I saw Monster w/21 Faces was playing it on Steam Friday Morning. Seriously. gently caress that guy. I now have three two characters and didn't sleep much at all last week. That being said it is a great game world simulator other than some bugs.

Other than that...

Creepy presents are the best presents.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
You bought the Fanatec Wheel Setup.

Your Participation in the Wednesday Night GoonSpec Enduro is now mandatory, I'm afraid.

Permalink:
http://www.jonathonbarton.net/index.php/tag/forza/

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
It was too icy from yesterday's snow to commute on the bike - now that we've got a special Employees Only lane at Security, I can quit worrying about whether my boots have a metal shank in them or not. Just in time for Snow Season to start in earnest. :yay:

Anyway, too icy. I probably would have had to use the LAI EIRD AOUN shout. You're never in a good spot when that happens.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Xovaan posted:

LOK VAH KOOR is the best for rainy weather in my opinion.

Now somebody figure out where I can get a full-faced version of this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PUFFER-FISH...#ht_1412wt_1163

Because holy crap.

Also I have no idea how many more quests I actually have to do. I have about 50 miscellaneous quests and another 15 quest lines and I haven't even been to more than 75% of the cities. :saddowns:
I'm going to suggest that you get in touch with These Fine Folks and see if you can commission something.
If anyone's up to the job, it looks like they would be.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

GanjamonII posted:

I fell victim to skyrim too. Played from 5pm to 2am in the morning without realising how quickly time passed. Once you get sucked into the main story line its really quite addicting.

Though I feel like I should do some of the smaller quests and level up some more as I'm only on 16. My bow only recently became useful as a weapon and I'm almost perpetually broke (<1000 gold)..

Also, motorcycles or something. I don't really remember anything else anymore.
I started a second character two weeks ago, and noticed that the guy who schools you through the newbie cave says, "We should split up" very shortly after you leave the cave...

...so we did. He went right to go to Riverwood, I went left, and wound up in Malkreath.

I'm now level...12? 14? somewhere in that range, have three Words of Power, and haven't even seen a HINT of the main questline, even having stumbled (by accident, I was on my way back to Malkreath with a quest item from Riften) into Riverwood.

The only fast-travelling I've done is:
* I took the wagon to Riften the first time.
* I fast travel to Shor's Stone to use the Smelter when I need to. If I didn't I'd wind up with so much ore in my pockets that I wouldn't be able to run. It takes long enough running. gently caress walking.
* Fast travel back from completing one quest that took me all the way across the map.

Folks that say "I fast travel, and after (x) hours I've only done a tiny part of the content!" don't realize how much of the content you wind up doing incidentally by NOT fast-travelling. =)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Skyrim-Chat Related Goodness levity terrible posting.

Spiffness: Yeah, I'm the one that left that comment. =)

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

KARMA! posted:

Cool crib! But that green thing, is that an artichoke? How the hell do you eat those things?
Artichokes are awesome.
* Steam them for a good while,
* Get yourself something for dippin.
* Pull a leaf off,
* Dip it in some dippin whatever (mayo wasn't uncommon when I was a kid)
* hold the leaf by the tip, concave side down.
* Put it MOSTLY in your mouth, but hang on to the tip.
* Scrape the inner part of the leaf off using your bottom incisors.
* Discard the used artichoke bone.
* Repeat until all you have left is the artichoke heart.

The heart is covered in spiny hairy stuff that you have to remove. Once you've got that off, though, you can sometimes just pop the whole thing in your mouth, if it's not still scalding hot from the steaming...

Like a pomegranate, it's a pain to prepare and eat, but SO worth the effort.

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

I know someone who would probably have an engine, but I don't think the rear cylinders would fit between the frame spars.
Psh.
You can weld, right?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Zenaida posted:

Time for a real Daytona:

Seriously?

They put the manufacturer name on that thing a MINIMUM of SEVEN times?

:stare:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Maybe it can rise ride again from the ashes.
How did you miss that?

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

Made tail tidy:

Also turn signal things:
And here I thought I'd been keeping up with this thread.
When the gently caress did THAT show up? It gives me a happy feeling in my swimsuit area.

They're finally installing electric car charging stations at Denver Int'l Airport. If I can swim through the sea of paperwork and inter-company red tape and contracts and agreements, a Zero *might* be on my radar for next year - presuming I can get Standard Parking and DEN to agree that it's OK for an employee to park in "the revenue area" of the parking garage, so long as it's a Plugin EV.

Kenny Rogers fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Oct 17, 2013

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:
Where's my Brammo Supermoto?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kenny Rogers
Sep 7, 2007

Chapter One:

Z3n posted:

They made one back in the day as a prototype. If you want an electric sumo, buy a BRD Redshift.
Last blogpost from November 6, 2012, and still proudly announcing that they're taking preorders for 2013 models.

Scary.

• Locked thread