Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

This is why I hate owning multiple bikes. Something on something needs work all the goddamn time, and god forbid you have normal maintenance on all of them at once.

Go oldschool and get some cable actuated brakes :whatup:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

So what kind of supermotos are you planning to buy? Street bikes, converted dirtbikes, track-only bikes?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Looks like at the moment the plan is a Husky 610 for the g/f, and a KTM 690 for me. I also want to pick up a reasonably priced (ideally, 2k or less) street legal dirtbike that can also handle serious MX type stuff (ie, learning to jump, whoops, etc), to start training for supermoto races. Any suggestions? Or am I gonna have to suck it up and buy a non-street legal bike and drive it out to offroad areas?

http://www.2strokeworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=4498.0

:whatup:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well then its settled.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Your first CF project should be to make some CF airbox covers for the first-gen Bandit 1200. Then throw them away. Into a shipping box labeled with my address.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Honestly, it'll probably look better if you just spray painted them with that CF spraypaint than me doing my first CF piece. I have a feeling I'm going to end up being hilariously bad at this. But that's ok, that's where the fun is. :haw:

If I am decent at it, though, I'm open to doing requests.

I know, I was kidding. CF airbox covers for the Bandit are like $300, and I refuse to pay that for a 5 inch wide blob of CF.

Theres an idea though. If you get good, you can sell CF airbox covers to Bandit guys for something less than $300, and probably make a killing.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Who makes those B12 CF covers?

http://www.whaccessories.com/Suzuki%20Bandit.htm Halfway down under Radiator/Engine covers. I was wrong, its $200, not $300, still too much IMO.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jabs posted:

Suddenly, I'm picturing myself having 19 zillion bikes, none (one) of which I paid over $1000 for.

You are pretty much describing my lifes goal.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

That was my goal too until I had 5 of them and realized how much I'd rather be riding bikes than working on them.

I just spent 370$ picking up a 4 gallon acerbis tank and a 39mm Keihin flatslide for the DRZ. The wallet drain has started, but I don't care. It's on now.

Dont lie to yourself.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well you'll never kill my dream of being a crazy cat lady, but a guy, and with bikes.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

And I'll come over, and help you break them and crash them fix them, mock you when you forget stupid things, and in general make a nuisance of myself! :haw:

I wish I could have a crapload of bikes but I just want to ride :(

Thats the beauty of living in Wisconsin. For 5 months of the year, we are in deep freeze, so there isnt anything to do but wrench, and get the bikes up to snuff for the summer. Seriously, I only order tires when there is like 3 feet of snow on the ground.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

cmorrow001 posted:

what a horrible life you live.

:reject::hf::reject:

I guess we get the possibility of ice racing though

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Once you get the flatslide dialed, its like having a different motor in that bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Thats the kickstart

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

These are reasons why I'd probably try and find something that could fit in the cases, rather than re-machining the gears, as it was.

No one has done it yet, and the DRZ community has pretty much done everything to DRZ's.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Which ones? I feel like most of the KTM wheels are unpainted, and the silver color looks kinda bleh in my mind, especially against a yellow DRZ that is begging for black wheels.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nice, and in black to boot.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

9R:
Rotting, quietly in the corner. Carbs are probably almost clogged again, sigh. I need to get the hardware for the stator so that I can mount it in the side cover again, and then the engine will at least be complete and oil tight again. After that, it needs a new chain, an airbox, left and right side rearset brackets, and some other odds and ends.

I'll give you $100 shipped, dont pass up this deal, or you'll regret it :argh:

^^^^^See, she wants it out too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

When do we get BAGLBEABS* gang tags?

You wouldnt even have to get us anything for Christmas then, Sigtrap!!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Can you feel those little spiderwebs with your finger? Or are they not deep enough?

I'm wondering if that contributed to the oil consumption too?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Jharkov posted:

Z3n, are you getting the same stiction i have with my forks? The suspension shop says its normal for these twin chamber MX forks, but im not entirely convinced

I'm pretty sure it is normal. Between me and two buddies who all had DRZSM's, all of our forks had some slight stiction.

Its just the design.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Pile of bikes, pile of parts, what's the difference these days. And yeah, we're pretty happy with the fiesta, although it's having some oddness with the clutch and reverse, I hope we didn't get a loving lemon. :argh:

Thats why you have a warranty. Take it in!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ford hatch supremacy :hf:

I just got rid of my focus, but I feel like I'm emotionally still part of the crew.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Endless Mike posted:

I just got rid of mine, also. The guy who bought it blew the clutch shortly thereafter and currently has it in pieces in his garage.

Mine was so terrible that the dealership I traded it in to just kept it as a shop runabout/beater.

No joke.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This thread is a rollercoaster of emotions

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

If I do return to racing, it'll probably be on a 600. I'm 99% sure this bike is gonna get stripped so I can build a glorious SV650 superbike commuter/streetfighter!

Uh, you're not going to leave it as a SV500?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Actually, the biggest motivator was that I need to do the chain and sprockets on the SV650 and it felt a little silly to drop $150 on a chain/sprocket kit when I could just buy a bike for $3200. :v:

I'd laugh, but I've purchased entire bikes for one or two simple parts before too.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Lowenbro

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Should I buy the new Modern Warfare? I always hate buying it and getting sucked into the DLC and by the time I'm done I've got a $200 game.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Goongrats! Welcome to the club!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm guessing I missed it, but what master cylinder is on there?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm just telling myself that my laptop cant run Skyrim. Even if it can, I dont want to know.

I just know it will suck my life away over the winter.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

A certain forum buddy decided they'd like to send me a wedding gift. I received this e-mail:

Thanks buddy. That's definitely one of the most unique wedding gifts I've ever received.

Although he lied. The package actually contained 2 items: The crossbow with 3 bolts, and another package of like 15 more bolts.

One bolt is already lost in the depths of the undergrowth of my friend's backyard. Might have to find that at some point...who knows where the gently caress it is though.

Ha, that owns. I want one now.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Drillpresses own

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Milling machines own more :smug:

Didnt even notice that. FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYOOOOOOUUUUUUUU

im mad jelly. What make/model is that?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Up at 530 and out of the house with a bundle of cash. Gonna be a good day.

Worlds first motorcycle shaped crack rock

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Long time friend is offering him some super rare nice bike at a great price that he'll part out?

:master::iceburn::nattyburn:

:rolldice:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Can't really part this one out.

A solid billet motorcycle

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yo mang, harbor freight sells that poo poo for hella less cheddar

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The stompgrip says it was at least a dumped trackbike and not a totally beat street/stunt bike

• Locked thread