Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Whats the lowest you'll go for a goon on that ZX-6 when you sell it? I might be interested... I saw your post on BARF forums too.

Also any pics of the Honda F2 that you said you or your friend had?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123

Phat_Albert posted:

I'll give you $100 shipped, dont pass up this deal, or you'll regret it :argh:

^^^^^See, she wants it out too.

i'll throw in Dinner at a fancy mexican place! i'm only 350 miles away!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/1718722712.html

Yo another ZX-6r you can fix up and sell to me for almost no profit, i'll be waiting for it in the fall thanks!

What the hell is wrong with me? I've been riding 6 months/4500 miles so far, i'm already hankering for another bike even though I have 2 right now, nothing logical makes sense for me to have more than that, it's some kind of weird disease I might have. Maybe I have some serious passion for bikes? I'm sure it'd just be a lot of fun to try all different kinds of bikes, they all have some interesting characteristics that you learn to love as you ride them.

Argh some dude no Barf is selling an 03 R6 with 11k miles for like 3100$, it'd be so perfect but NO I CANNOT DO IT. Even if the registration is cheap and insurance would be like another 130$/year argh I cannot, i'm still rational enough not to do it.

I've become a total craiglist addict.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Hmm an interesting idea, never thought about that, it'd be a good way to learn how to tear down a bike without an urgent need to ride it right away so I could take my time. And my dad has a truck! But I don't have any ramps to load her up.

Yeah it seems R6s of any year used are more expensive than usual, even the older carbed ones.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Are you getting a 600CC or going for a literbike? I've noticed you've been looking for an 2006+ R6 :3. Also how the hell do you go from having 4 bikes to basically a bunch of parts and a frame?

Best values always seem to be the ZX6Rs around the bay area, everyone asks at least 1000$ more for a CBR/R6/GSXR600.

Whats with the value of the 03-06 generation CBRs? I mean they were the heaviest, not the most powerful, but people are asking like 5500$ for a 2004.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Yay another F2, hows the Regulator/rectifier?

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Wait how is that thing a 96? Honda came out with the F3 by 1995....

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Clearly Kawasaki parts are the best and most reliable.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The whole Honda F series are just really drat nice all rounders, my F2 is on the uglier side, but it's been an awesome and besides the stupid regulator/rectifier a solid reliable runner, plenty of performance for the 1500$ I bought it for.

After riding my other bikes I forget sometimes how good the F2 is at just about everything: Nice neutral handling, just the right amount of power unlike the newer race replica bikes, and overall comfort, I could pretty much ride it all day.

edit: If it starts and runs ok the valves are probably ok, I think fuzzybear had issues with his valves because it wouldn't start until he found out all 16 valves were tight as gently caress :|

infraboy fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Apr 3, 2011

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Bring it to the bay area and i'll give you 1800$ for the F2 :3

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
As a general rule I thought roller bearings were top notch and fail incredibly rarely? Of course i'm thinking of the first Suzuki GS engines which has roller bearing bottom ends.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
My dual card radeon 4850 setup is handling the game quiet well considering i'm on a 3 year old i7 machine.

Probably time for a new computer when summer rolls around.

Skyrim is ridiculously amazing, i've cleared a bunch of dungeons but I know theres still tons more to do. It's pretty awesome taking over forts with fellow imperials.

I wish they'd just made potions and soulgems weigh nothing because they take up so much drat space, I end up putting them in my house chest only to run into some nasty frost dragon and I don't have frost resist potions on me....

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
That guy you sold the F2 to is now selling his R6 which looks like he couldn't handle either, hes selling off the gear too, guess hes giving up riding.

http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=388735

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
No buy it, fix it up, then sell it to me for little profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
They shouldn't be any less reliable than normal swingarms, Honda has been using them on VFRs for a couple decades now with no major issues.

• Locked thread