Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Since we all know that the dollar will soon be worthless, I have made it a personal mission to help people invest in the untapped market for common metals conveniently arranged in the form of kickin' rad motorcycles.

Actually, I just like finding good deals and exercising restraint--kind of like kegels for the wallet. At least most of the time. So here's how this works:

* Post what you typically search for and your area of search when posting your ads, so people can filter by your posts in the future, and quickly identify the type of bike being linked to
* Post ad subject line and link and any comments

Doesn't have to be cheap, just apparent good value. In fact, try to distinguish shitheaps being sold for pennies from bikes that are just undervalued!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Motorcycle Types: Dual sports and plated dirt bikes
Prices: Generally under 2K, but sometimes awesome deals show up for 5-6K on modern bikes and I will post those.

Yamaha TW200 Dual Sport only 1377 miles - $1850 (capitola)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/mcy/1554547172.html
Negotiate to 1600 and it's a fair deal for a TW in the Bay Area if it's a good specimen. TWs hold their value extremely well.

1986 Yamaha xt 350 - $1400 (dublin / pleasanton / livermore)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1548597435.html
Negotiate to 1200 and it's a good deal, these are solid bikes. Looks clean!

.........Street Legal XR 600R......... - $1099 (concord / pleasant hill / martinez)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1548414059.html
A little sketchy on the title status, but if it's a real street title and it runs, it may be a good buy at the current price. Seller is probably an imbecile.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Jan 16, 2010

Internet_Wwwyzzerdd
Aug 4, 2008

by T. Finn

MotoMind posted:

XT350

It's a shame I won't be buying my first bike until I move out of the bay, I would scoop that in a second.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mcy/1555013831.html

I know this is the opposite but I think it's hilarious someone spent 17k on a sportster and even funnier that shes trying to sell it for 10.5k in this market.

although her post makes me sad though whatever happened to her hand.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/mcy/1554941062.html

^^^ yo Zen buy this and fix her up for me cheap thanks!

infraboy fucked around with this message at 11:27 on Jan 16, 2010

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

here's a goat on a pig or something
You guys probably want to take screenshots of the ads and post those.

Fuzzy Pipe Wrench
Nov 5, 2008

MAYBE DON'T STEAL BEER FROM GOONS?

CHEERS!
(FUCK YOU)
I'm hoping this thread will disprove my fears that the Tampa/St. Pete market is absolutely poo poo for any smaller sport bikes.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
If anyone wants to peek at Southern California, in particular San Diego (although LA and Orange County's OK too), that'd be great. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what's a good deal.

sigtrap
Apr 14, 2002

MOIST
Never ever ever ever ever ever post links to Craigslist ads or eBay listings, people. It's not rocket science. I may as well tell you all to look outside because I see a cool cloud through my window.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

Radbot posted:

If anyone wants to peek at Southern California, in particular San Diego (although LA and Orange County's OK too), that'd be great. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know what's a good deal.

Im a CL bike addict, so i might post some listings. Im in San Diego, the LA/SD/OC markets are pretty good overall.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

sigtrap posted:

Never ever ever ever ever ever post links to Craigslist ads or eBay listings, people. It's not rocket science. I may as well tell you all to look outside because I see a cool cloud through my window.

I don't really expect old posts to count for anything. This isn't for historical record, it's good enough to get the model and price once it's gone. So if it ends up a dead link, whatever.

MotoMind fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 16, 2010

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Just wear the fucking mask, Bob

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

If anyone sees a newer liter bike for $5000-ish in Michigan or northern Ohio/Indiana, let me know.

http://motownmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110780

2005 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R 636 $4500 5,500 miles (Metro Detroit area)

http://motownmuscle.com/forums/showthread.php?t=110409&highlight=Kawasaki

2003 Kawasaki ZX-12R $6000 6,xxx miles (Mid-Michigan area)

Bob Morales fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 17, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

2007 cbr 600rr the bike was a Repo no history on it . what you see is what you get . Seems to run great Clean title . 541 441 1261 for more pictures and info

AKA This poo poo is stolen, dont ask any questions.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Phat_Albert posted:

Well, he could be referring to "no paperwork on the repo", because the "clean title" seems to indicate that he's got some form of title on hand. I'd at least go look at it if I were looking for a trackbike.

I'm totally gonna get up on this once I find some decent deals in the area...

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Phat_Albert posted:

I think it means that the bike was repossessed and is now being sold by the liquidation company, so they don't know it's maintenance or modification history or anything. That's what I'm guessing if they have a clean title for it.

Shuka
Dec 19, 2000
I saw titan and figured it was something like a raptor or other 4 wheeler. Does the exhaust curling up like that mean a potential passenger will sport a sweet black mark on their butt?

edit - think I broke a table

Shuka fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 20, 2010

Fantastipotamus
Nov 19, 2002

Nothing's wrong. Nothing is wrong. Everything is on track.
Huh.. we just got like 8" of snow, and this is the first listing on NH craigslist. Coincidence? I think not.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

This guy essentially lost $30,000 in around 6 years tops on this awful thing:

Who spends $20,000 on a bike and wants something used anyway?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Over $50,000 invested

quote:

100HP

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Motorcycle Types: Dual sports and plated dirt bikes
Prices: Generally under 2K, but sometimes awesome deals show up for 5-6K on modern bikes and I will post those.

***Enduro*** 1992 Suzuki Dr 350 - $900 (East Bay)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/mcy/1560579083.html

This is a great deal in a DR350, they are quite popular as smaller dual sports due to their adequate highway power, lower weight, and 6 speed tranny.

Yamaha Dualsport For Sale - $1200 (san jose east)
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/mcy/1561144821.html

Looks like an XT500 or similar. Old as gently caress but reliable as anvils. Easy to start is an interesting way of putting things when you're dealing with a bike notorious for kicking back and smashing people's knees into their jaws. Buy for $1000 or thereabouts and you've got a nice deal on a solid bike.

Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Motorcycle Types: "Invested"
Prices: 10k+

I like to search for "Invested" and see what happens. Today...

2006 GSXR-1000 Turbo
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/mcy/1553530542.html

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Turning is for sissies that don't have turbos.

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
The GSX-R 1000 wouldn't have enough power for me unless it had those turbos, seriously.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

IM DRAGGIN FILTER, BRAH

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

Spiffness posted:

Turning is for sissies that don't have turbos.

Don't even try and front that you wouldn't want to ride the jesus out of that if I bought it. Of course, I'd have to cut down the auxiliary sidestand and the filter, but even still, 260 loving HP. Those bikes are monsters already, I can't imagine what they're like with another 100hp.

In a super ideal world, I'd run the exhaust back to a GP cut style exhaust and somehow stealth the turbo a little more. And remove that lame turbo decal.

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

If you pulled up and said 'have a go' you bet your rear end I'd be searching for the longest flat straight stretch of cop/people/farm animal free road in north America.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

BARF is a great resource for cheap and occasionally oddball bikes...

Like this Aprilia RS50 for 1400$:
http://www.bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=321766

quote:

This is a street legal Aprilia RS50 with 2124 miles on it. It was a customers of ours that sat in his garage for a few years. We got it running and it runs well. We traded for some work on one of his bikes and now need to sell it Cosmetically it is pretty decent but not perfect with some rash on the right side fairing from a low side. If your looking for some cheap tranportation and want something that looks cooler than a scooter, this is it.

$1400 or best offer.
Call Greg at 209-607-0440

Click here for the full 900x675 image.

gently caress yeah.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

I don't care how many people I probably infected with COVID-19 while refusing to wear a mask, my comfort is far more important than the health and safety of everyone around me!

Brand loving new 2008 Ninja ZX6R

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140376139996&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

drat, if I thought it'd stay anywhere under 6k I'd be tempted to buy that, sell the plastics, and race it.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/1562958231.html

Is this a good deal on a 2005 V-Strom 650 with 24k miles? It's a bit beat up but the price seems OK, maybe..? It's $2995 but the front fairings are missing due to a low speed drop.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Radbot posted:

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/mcy/1562958231.html

Is this a good deal on a 2005 V-Strom 650 with 24k miles? It's a bit beat up but the price seems OK, maybe..? It's $2995 but the front fairings are missing due to a low speed drop.

I'd try and talk him down a bit more in person, but it seems rare that the 'Stroms drop much below 3k in CA.

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Oh man, the local market isn't bad right now at all.

2002 Suzuki Gsxr 750 Gorgeous blue/white Priced to sell - $3675 (Flint, Mi)

This bike is just like new. Extremely fast and is fuel injected. For those that dont already know, you get the best of both worlds with a 750, basically as lightweight as a 600 with the power close to a 1000. This is the bike everyone wants! Low miles. Bike has not been beat on, which means no stunts wheelies, burnouts, etc. Bike has has always been Adult owned/maintained and ridden and it shows. Newer tires. Comes with Yoshimura Exhaust ($550), integrated undertail blinker/brake light system for the clean look ($$) Flushmount turn signals. Bike is ready to go with a clean and clear title. Needs nothing, turn key and ride. Priced to sell at ONLY $3675 OBO please no trades!

Clean 2002 Honda CBR F4i - $2500 (Lansing)

2002 CBR600 F4i (MINT CONDITION NO SCRATHES-NEVER DROPPED)
9530 miles
Brand new Pilot Powers front & rear
service recently done
new chain and spockets (quick acceleration kit)
Yoshi slip on Exhuast
corbin custom seat
custon undertail kit
This bike is super clean!

infraboy
Aug 15, 2002

Phungshwei!!!!!!1123
Stew Patterson to me
show details 12:47 PM (2 hours ago)
Hi there,
I wanted to let you know that my bike is still available and it is located in London,KY. I had a buyer offering $2,800 but his loan didn't get approved. I am selling it because soon I will have my first babies(twins). I am very excited about this. My main priority from now on will be family so I'm selling the bike to get a family car. I work in the US Air Force and I`m currently deployed in Del Rio,TX for 2 months on the basis of Laughlin. So I'm willing to let it go for ($2.200 + $300 shipping cost already paid) $2,500 and since I only have one, First come, First served.
My Yamaha V-Star Custom is 2006 and looks like new, with only 5,700 miles and 1100cc. The bike is in perfect shape, never dropped and very good running condition. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. More pictures here: http://picasaweb.google.com/stevenpattt/UntitledAlbum#slideshow
Shipping is included in the final price ($300), as I explained, my buyer changed his mind after I have made the arrangements to ship the bike. The trucking company would not refund me but can ship my bike to anywhere within continental US (NOT Canada), so I've left it at their warehouse and it's ready to ship at anytime.
Regards,
Steven Patterson, TSgt, USAF

(NOT A SCAM) haha

hayden.
Sep 11, 2007

These guys wouldn't bother with these scams if they didn't work, and that they work with a giant freaking "ALL SHIPPING OFFERS ARE SCAMS" is just pathetic.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
but he's in the military, those guys are so trustworthy

Bob Morales
Aug 18, 2006

Armacham posted:

:911:

ohwandernearer
Jul 15, 2009

"reserve not met"

I am sure that reserve is over 6k

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Armacham posted:

GOD BLESS

"Well they are a good God-fearing person obviously, so its OK to throw cash at them with reckless abandon"

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

http://slo.craigslist.org/mcy/1569817545.html

quote:

91 cr 500 in pieces - $700 (Jardine)
Date: 2010-01-25, 10:16AM PST
Reply to: sale-pgdkz-1569817545@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Have 91 cr 500 in pieces. took apart to rebuild and lost interest 95 percent of it is there in a box... incl motor forks frame.. everything . need it outta my garage... great project...needs a couple seals redone on motor. 805 712 5740

How much do I want to meet the sausage creature? Not that much...

Or you could just buy a running one for 200$ more. :downs:

http://slo.craigslist.org/mcy/1569813589.html

quote:

89 - CR 500 - $900 (JARDINE)
Date: 2010-01-25, 10:16AM PST
Reply to: sale-vgtcy-1569813589@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

New motor 2 hrs on new piston maybe... new fornt fork springs, no time to ride..... Fast and fun.....805 712 5740

Also have a 90 cr 500 motor if someones looking for a kart motor... also have rest of bike but in pieces.

Kinda tempting to go up and offer him 1200$ for the lot, but I don't know how to ride offroad and I'd probably die.

MotoMind
May 5, 2007

Z3n posted:

Kinda tempting to go up and offer him 1200$ for the lot, but I don't know how to ride offroad and I'd probably die.

Yeah, but a CR500 would ensure that your death would be an epic one.

I have seen these come of for sale with street titles. Now that would make a nice epitaph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007
I really wanted to invest in a cr 500, but decided it would be too much work to convert it street legal and make a bad rear end sumo out of it. Gonna settle for a DRZSM nowadays

Content

quote:

Date: 2010-01-24, 11:11AM CST
Reply to: sale-fnzty-1568119408@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

DR-Z400SM SuperMoto

Bike is in excellent condition. Has been used for a commuter bike for all 13,000 miles. The bike has only been offroad once last year. All items on the bike are stock except the following:

MRD Exhaust (with silencer): $400 pipe
Kiehin Flat FCR Carb: $450
Offroad wheels: $900 (with 50% tread)

The bike, with all accesseries is worth over $4,000. We are finishing our basement and I am looking for some extra cash for an entertainment system.

First $3,700 takes the bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0pPi_0Kjww

Don't have the money for it right now, maybe after taxes... but its exactly what I want. DRZ with pipe and carbs already done up with a set of off road wheels. Some other goon could be very happy with it!