Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
but he's in the military, those guys are so trustworthy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

I was thinking of grabbing a small bike to tool around in. What do you guys think of this little guy? http://tucson.craigslist.org/mcy/4689777789.html

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

nsaP posted:

Even tho you may want an old retro bike that's really not the best thing to tool around on. Especially if TLC is anywhere in the ad. What is your riding history?

I commuted on a scooter for a couple years, and then a KLR for 3 or 4 years. I did all minor and major maintenance for about 40,000 miles altogether. I sold the KLR a couple years ago, and I was kind of getting an itch again. I also wanted something small enough so that my wife could give riding a try.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

RadioPassive posted:

Hah, nevermind, he says he's firm at $5000. Good luck, buddy.

Yeah gently caress that. At the very least it needs all the fluids replaced, new tires, and fresh grease on anything that needs greased.

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

This is around the corner from my house. Good deal, bad deal? Looks like it has 10k miles. No major scratches, one little dent in the exhaust, otherwise looks super clean. And since the guy lives around the corner from me I can kick his rear end if it breaks. (Spoiler: I won't actually kick his rear end)

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

I had a scooter and a KLR 650 for about 6 years, but I haven't been on anything two wheeled that wasn't a bicycle for a couple years. Mostly I just want something fun and my wife wants to learn how to ride. I want her to take the MSF class first either way. I figure if I can get it for like $1600 I could probably get most of my money back when I sold it eventually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

This dude rode with Bonzai Becky.

Right?

More or less. I rode plenty without her too. I think i put 17,000 miles on a scooter and 27,000 on the KLR before I sold it.