Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

This one is local. If someone will buy my R1150GS I could make this happen. I love this style of classic Suzuki...probabaly because I liked it back then but couldn't afford one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

PadreScout posted:

Did you say R1150GS? What a coincidence, that is my favorite model aside from the old R80G/S. What year?

It was a 2000. Sold it to the second guy who looked at it. The first guy had said yes, but then decided he really wanted an RT.

The guy who bought it was a returning rider. He showed up to pick up the bike with a BMX helmet...I found him a helmet to use until he got himself a real one. From what I've heard, he's darn near living on the bike.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Z3n posted:

Wow. I mean...goddamn, how did he pay interest only and yet still let it get up to 12000$? Jesus.

Yamaha credit was offering a sweet deal. Any bike for $69 a month for the first 2 years. 22.9% interest. Small disclaimer 'paying the minimum will not reduce the principal" no kidding! I ran the numbers on an FZ6 and at the end of those 2 years I'd owe close to a grand more than the original cost. That $69 a month wouldn't cover the interest on an R6.

He's going to school, and the $12K is tuition for a crash course in finance. I don't believe he will pass this class.

Gnomad fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Apr 16, 2010

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

I think I may have found my true dual sport love.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
I bought one of those bikes in the late 70's for $25. In better shape.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Weinertron posted:

http://austin.craigslist.org/mcy/1695532178.html

I'm guessing this would be the worst starter bike known to mankind. Would be so much more exiting than an SV650 or EX500. (I'm not actually considering buying it, turbo bikes are just so :rock:).

This would be a horrible starter bike, and you are right for not considering it, even though we know you are lying about not considering it. -Otherwise you would never have brought it to our attention.

You are so busted!

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
If I recall. since it was a credit card transaction, wouldn't that be unsecured? So even though a guy couldn't pay the card off with the proceeds, he could at least sell the drat bike and then make his finance 101 tuition payments on a bike he doesn't own anymore.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
I worked with a guy who bought a Yamaha ATV on the plan, and his was strictly a credit card transaction. After a fairly short period of time he figured out the deal and arranged other financing. Maybe the street bikes were actual credit tranactions rather than a credit card purchase.

The guy with the Harley, well, he's just screwed. And for sure he's trying to pass that screwing along to the next dreamer. $600 a month should buy not only the Harley but the truck to carry it around in.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008

Doctor Zero posted:

Don't forget to drill holes.

(in the bags)

That would ruin the bags.

Babies are small, they don't need much oxygen, and they hardly cry at all after a while if they are well sealed.

I can say this now, having raised my children to nominal adulthood.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
I've mentioned this before, but it's timely-the wind blew a bike over in my driveway and the insurance company totaled it. So it can happen. I managed to drop a bike one time against a car and pinned myself quite nicely, driveway drops happen.

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
The CB900C was not Honda's most briliant bike. Very heavy for the class of bike, the shaft drive had the worst "shaft jacking" ever, not exactly the most nimble of machines. I can't say I've ever heard anyone go on about how much they loved their old CB900C. I think you would find it to be roaringly adequate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gnomad
Aug 12, 2008
I need another bike like I need a hole in the head, but....

the girlfriend used to ride when she lived in the UK, she had a Benneton CB600, so my excuse is to get this one for her to use. This would be about the right vintage, maybe a bit older, and for $1500 for such a pretty bike

Click here for the full 897x891 image.

I could hold this over the winter and flip it next spring. Can you tell that I'm rationalizing this?

esit-and I have never owned a 600 sport bike, so there's another "reason".

Gnomad fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 31, 2010