Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Load bearing brake line

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

The routing of the left side brake line and whatever wire that is (aftermarket speedo pickup maybe?) is making my skin itchy.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Yes surely that is the reason it has a salvage title

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Lol I want to see more pics because I can just start picking out the broken and hosed up parts already

https://imgur.com/a/QQdEFdr

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Two running VTR 250s for $2500. Mighty tempting.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3246421705625861/

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1112412219710403

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

PleasantDirge posted:

Did the thing and traded my old LS400 for a 2016 CBR300 with just under 5k miles. Going to shake it down and do anything that needs done over the winter but so far so good, the muffler is currently on the floor but there! And I think I still have a set of mirrors from back in the day when I built bikes for Honda but so far so good imo considering I bought that car for $700

https://imgur.com/gallery/hMkvmYz

That's a CB300F no?

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

I always laugh at the Groms that sit on marketplace for months or years at like $8k because some nitwit was not only dumb enough to dump that much into a grom but also expecting to get their money back when selling it.

Oh and they without fail are always lowered and stretched, ruining the one thing the grom has going for it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Speaking of dumping way too much money into a cheap bike, here's a $10k Monkey https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/636878288360613

quote:

2022 Honda Monkey 125 ABS 125AN Open Checkbook Build, Thousands In Extras!!! - $9,995

125cc SOHC Air Cooled Single Cyl Engine. 5-Speed Wide Ratio Transmission. Pearl Black Paint. 2,243 Miles.

See Video Here: https://youtu.be/11gT5Mz0BVI?si=EZowGPns550VAwWV

Extras Include:
Performance improvements ($4,650+ not including labor):
- OVER Racing GP Performance Full Titanium Exhaust with Electronic db Killer 700
- Chimera Short Ram Air Intake w/K&N filter 135
- Vertex High Comp Piston Kit
- STR Camshaft 125
- DHM Stage 3 ECU (HCP, intake, exhaust & cam) 200
- Nology Ignition Coil, Spark Plug Wire & Spark Plug 200
- Kitaco Super Oil Cooler 300
- Chimera Oil Filter Cover 80
- Chimera Tappet Valve Cover 140
- Avail Motorsports Cam Cover Vent 75
- Chimera Billet Cam Cover 85
- Chimera Lifter Clutch Plate & High Tension Springs 90
- Superlite Sprocket Set & Chain 150
- OVER Racing OV Type Swingarm 450
- Ohlins Piggyback Rear Shocks 850
- Gold Anodized Forks from Yellow Monkey 500
- Ohlins Mini Cartridge/ Springs 300
- Chimera Clip-on Plate 160
- Woodcraft Clip-on Handlebars 160
- Galfer Stainless Brake Lines 100
- Galfer Front and Rear Discs 250

Cosmetic, etc. Improvements (3,150+ installation)
- PUIG Hypernaked Billet Mirrors 300
- OPMID Electronic Speedo/Tach/Gear Indicator 350
- Front Cowl, Body Color Black and Carbon 200
- MNNTHBX Front Turn Signals 75
- MonQey King Belly Pan 180
- OVER Racing Front Fender Mount Bracket 125
- Composimo Tank Riser Kit 80
- Monkey Stictched Custom Cafe Racer Seat 240
- Kitaco Body Color Front Fender 175
- Chimera Clutch Cover Guard 150
- Chimera Tappet Valve Cover Set 140
- Chimera Clutch Cable Bracket 55
- Chimera Oil Filter Cover 80
- OVER Racing Side Cover 180
- OVER Racing Engine Sliders 175
- Gold Anodized Levers 60
- Billet Front Sprocket Guard 60
- Blaster X Tail Light with Integrated Signals 125
- Kitaco Rear Fender Black Body Color 175
- MNNTHBX Rear Turn Signals 75
- Yoshimura Fender Eliminator Kit 150

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Marketplace seller posted:

One unknown technical issue (does not impact performance) is the tach… I’m yet to figure out the problem, but the miles roll quicker than the distance. Says 18k miles but it’s definitely less. I bought it with 4K miles and maybe put another 4K.

:dumbgun:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Do people actually believe this

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

It's mind-blowing how many road bikes are on FB Marketplace without a title, like it's no loving big deal at all.
How tf do people lose a title?

They don't lose it, they either don't have one because it's stolen or more commonly they have a lien on it.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

TotalLossBrain posted:

Ok so who are the utter morons buying these bikes?

Gullible fools who don't know any better, or people who know exactly what they are buying and were planning on running fake plates anyway.

e: I will add that lost title is quite possible with old poo poo that's been rotting in a field since the 70s, but ain't nobody "losing" a title for a late model bike and not going through the trivial effort to get a replacement.

opengl fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Apr 4, 2024

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

RightClickSaveAs posted:

How can we make Craigslist the go to for buying/selling motorcycles again? I have recently decided I need another bike which is why I'm trawling Craigslist regularly again and stumbling across these gems, and have been angrily resolved that if I want to find anything in the next year I probably need to use Offerup/FB marketplace. Craigslist's 2000's era interface remains still unbeatable for actual ease of use and lack of rage induction.

Agreed, FB is the literal worst but there is nobody using CL here anymore so we're stuck with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

My dude those 3 decade old tires are not the selling point you think they are