Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

2007 cbr 600rr the bike was a Repo no history on it . what you see is what you get . Seems to run great Clean title . 541 441 1261 for more pictures and info

AKA This poo poo is stolen, dont ask any questions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

quote:

Over $50,000 invested

quote:

100HP

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

IM DRAGGIN FILTER, BRAH

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Armacham posted:

but he's in the military, those guys are so trustworthy

GOD BLESS

"Well they are a good God-fearing person obviously, so its OK to throw cash at them with reckless abandon"

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That can go both ways, the guy who owned my Bandit before me just pooped it back and forth to work every day, then came home and parked it. I dont think it had ever seen redline, and the tires were square as can be.

Then he tried to change the oil himself rather than taking it to the dealer, and promptly stripped the oil pan threads :downsgun:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MrKatharsis posted:

No fairings but ungggggghhh I am tempted to just go make him an offer.

http://gainesville.craigslist.org/mcy/1597950558.html

Clean up the front end wiring, and get a new headlight on there and it would be a cool streetfighter.

Especially if you can get him down below a grand.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah thats the kind of thing that you either jump on the second its posted, or you miss it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

http://www.maximum-suzuki.com/forums/index.php?topic=77147.0

400cc Bandit. 400cc I4's are awesome, they rev to the moon. If I had $1600 laying around and/or was closer to PA, I'd be on this in a heartbeat.

EDIT: See below for screenshot.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Feb 19, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MrKatharsis posted:

Login needed.

Yeah thats right, I forget Maz-Zuk is completely private.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Spiffness posted:

Curious minds have to know: Whats red line?

18,000 on the Bandit.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Whiteboy posted:

I would sell my body and my bike for this k5 gsxr 600.

"2005 Suzuki GSXR 600... This bike is like new. It has never been raced, never down, and always garage kept. Only 3000 miles on the bike. Amazing condition!! Looks like it just came off the showroom floor. Also with the motorcycle is a L shoei helmet worth $500 and a leather XL riding jacket worth $400. A great deal and ready to sell. asking $4450 for everything call TJ 209-598-1843."

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/mcy/1610446163.html

All it needs is a 750 motor swap :)

The K5's were the best looking GSXR's by a long shot.

Also someone in Cali buy this: http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/mcy/1610163108.html

quote:

I am looking to SELL or TRADE my very rare 2002 Aprilia RS250 2-Stroke that has the extremely rare and elusive California Title. The bike is in great shape and only shows 6,000 miles on it.

This bike has the following upgrades that have been added:

- New Top End at 3K miles with Pro-X Pistons
- Arrow Aprilia Racing Exhaust
- Ohlins Rear Shock
- Race-Tech Fork Springs with Showa Forks
- Woodcraft Rearsets
- Michelin Power Race Tires with 200 miles on them
- New Plugs
- New Front Ferodo Pads
- DID Chain
- Brand New Factory Fork Seals installed 500 miles ago

This bike has been in California its entire life and was first registered in 2003. I am the 2nd owner and have owned it for about 2 years. The original owner did use it for some track days at Laguna Seca and it does show a few knicks on the rear swing arm.

The Plastics and Tank show no wear at all and are in great shape. All of the electronics work perfectly and the bike NEEDS NOTHING. The bike has always been garaged and has been started at least once a month. Nothing but Motul 2T oil has been in this bike.

I am looking to sell or will trade for the following bikes. Will consider Trade plus Cash, however the bike must be California Street Legal and have a California Title:

- Cagiva Mito 125
- Aprilia RS125
- NSR 250 MC 21 or MC 28
- Ducati 888 or 851
- Ducati 748R
- Ducati 916
- MV F4
- Any Bimota
- Honda VFR 400 NC30
- Kawasaki ZX 7R/RR
- Suzuki RG500 Gamma
- Anything that is rare or unique

Please email me at xxxx for more info. Bike is located in Corona, CA

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 22, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

The Ape's gone, how much was he asking?

$8900, little steep, but thats a sweet bike with a title.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Same here. How come in California of all places, home of CARB, you can plate any old 2-stroke smoke belcher, whereas in almost all of the rest of the US you have to fight tooth and nail to register bikes that were street legal from the factory?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blaster of Justice posted:

Look for the next generation. Don't buy a RD350 that isn't YPVS and LCII. Seriously. You can get one for the price asked in that auction. There's a hell of a difference.

Cedar Rapids is in the US, what you're talking about is rare as hell here. The AC RD's are everywhere.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For $100 it was probably gone the second it was posted.

EDIT: If you think you want it, call NOW, because it will go fast at that price. Its a Honda, so it should run no matter what, but if worst comes to worst, you can resell it for more than $100, even in non-running condition.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Plinkey posted:

I shot him an email, so who knows.

I also called the MVA quick and they said that without a title it's a cluster gently caress, and that he legally couldn't sell it in this state...is this true? Anyone ever had to deal with re-titling something this old, with a title that's probably been lost for years?

Yes, I went round and round with the WI DMV to get my RV-90 titled, and it wasnt happening, so I coughed up $100 to ITS Titles, and I had my title in hand in like 2 weeks.

The DMV intentionally makes it hard/impossible to register a bike that you dont have a title for, because it helps stifle stolen bike registration. If you're serious, ITS is the way to go.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Plinkey posted:

How does ITS get around all of that then?

Kinda off topic, but just curious.

I think they use some loophole in some state that allows you to register "abandoned" bikes. It depends on the age of your vehicle. For my 1972 RV90, they registered it in their name in Alabama, then "sold" it to me. I showed up at the DMV with a legit Alabama title, and all the relevant paperwork that made it look like I bought a bike from down there, and they registered it, no questions asked, since it was legally registered with the AL DMV.

My 1977 CB750, wound up being registered in my name in Maine. The Maine DMV sent me a Maine title, and plates. Basically I could ride around with the Maine plates and title and keep re-registering them every two years like any bike in Maine, or I could go to the WI DMV and transfer the title, as if I had moved here from Maine.

I think it depends on what option is cheaper at the time, and the age of the bike, as well as displacement. I think the Alabama trick only works for bikes less than 250cc or something.

Either way, they're just using the different rules in different states to their advantage. I've looked into it, and its completely legit, and you could do it yourself with enough time and research, but by the time you figured it out, and got all the legal mumbo jumbo in order, you would have spent more in your own time than it would have cost you to have ITS do it.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 15, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah, $100 for that bike is way too low, even in not running form.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Blaster of Justice posted:

You know you can get a 10 year younger RD350 LCII YPVS with a stiffer frame, water cooled, power valves (adjusting exhaust valve), 60Hp instead of 38Hp, less weight, double dish front and one at the rear instead of that silly drum, monoshock swingarm and aluminum wheels, real bronze swingarm bushings, conical fork bearings, push back gear mechanism, alu everywhere, air supported fork and all that poo poo - for the price asked for this?

Also spare parts will be a fraction of the price of spares for this.

Yes, I own both (as well as an RD500 YPVS and a heavily tuned GT750 - I admit, I'm a two smoker and a six roller)

Look for an '82-'84 YPVS instead.

Edit: There's a Brazillian (48 Hp if I remember correctly) version of the '83-84 ('82?)YPVS 350 you should avoid too. It's 3/4 fairing and marked RD350R with a large "R" on the snow plow. They will always be red and white.

Anyway. For two strokes feel free to ask. An air cooled RD350 at that price is just not worth it unless you run a museum.

No, you cant get all that, at that price, not in the US at least. The LC RD350's are rare as hell here (any that you do find will be gray market Canadian imports), and will go for waaaaaay more than $1400 when you do find one. I sold a non-original RD350 with a rattle can paint job and no rear brake for $1200 last summer.

An AC RD350 in good shape in the US for $1400 is a good deal. They really are all we have. The only more modern option is an RZ-350 or an RG.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Apr 15, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

sklnd posted:

Also, enjoy picking up a 600+ lb bike when you drop it. Because you will drop it.

And then you will lie about it on Craigslist.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

http://bayarearidersforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331634

1500$ for a built XR250 engine shoved in a RS125 chassis. It's rough around the edges, but honestly, GP125 bike with a 250 engine in it. Holy poo poo I want it.

Eh, he used the aircooled XR motor. I'd be willing to bet the RS motor made more power and made for a better race engine.

What this guy did was take an RS125 and make it into a good street bike, which is........exactly what someone might want.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slim Pickens posted:

Didn't realize it was shaft drive as well. Seemed like a good idea for a minute.

Its a Yamaha shaft drive, it'll be fine.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

If someone put a gun to my head and said I had to buy a chopper, that'd be it.

I'm sure it handles and drives about a million times better than your average choppah

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Just for that, im not copypasting that link :argh:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The spoilered link above :ughh:

This is officially the douchiest ad on craigslist right now: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/1736298567.html

quote:

Drz 400 Sm. I am the original owner, the bike has 4500 miles. $4800 obo. It has an aftermarket head and tail light. It has smaller spockets and it has a jet kit. Street legal. If you want a lot of women to stare, you might want to check this out. Call will 414 397 6493. P.S. I know Travis Pastrana

:smuggo:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is me right now :ughh:

I'm doing it in a mirror, to myself.

Beve Stuscemi fucked around with this message at 15:18 on May 27, 2010

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'm sure thats all sorts of loving crazy, but......modifying an R7?? Really?

Come on, stick the superbike motor in an R1 and leave the R7 stock, they're so rare as it is.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

MotoMind posted:

Investing $1500 in a 1700-mile Yamaha TW200, this time in a 2000 model, last year of dual e-start and kickstart (yay!) and drum brake. Drum. :(

Second TW200 I will have owned.

Jealous, they're so few and far between on the local CL here, and people always want so much for them.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Z3n posted:

Or you could buy any japanese cruiser for 3500$ with low mileage and have a perfectly reliable bike. :iiam:

BBBBBBBut Japanese bikes are trashed by 5,000 miles.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Valks sound awesome with a nice (read: not wide open) exhaust on them. Same for Goldwings actually.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I was gonna say, that looks cool, but its probably absolutely terrible offroad.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well, the weirdest/coolest bike is back on the market: http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/1893223305.html

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'd go for the CX500 as a first bike. I wouldnt pay $1200 for a 450 nighthawk, or the worlds most confused marauder

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

When people who dont know anything about bikes make ads for them:

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/1968545096.html

quote:

1998 handa cr125 with powerband - $1000 (west allis)

im selling my dirt bike it has a powerband its very fast no problems call me if interested gregg

Strangely this is like the 3rd time I've heard of someone who thought a powerband was something you can actually bolt on to a bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I'd be wary of the old LC4's. Didnt they have crank issues back then?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Looks like one of those cheapo chinese sportbikes. Probably 2-stroke and less than 100cc, which could make it cool in the right hands.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Talk him down to like $20, and put an interesting motor in it!

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The fact that you arent here posting can only mean that you're out buying that, correct?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Rontalvos posted:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv/mcd/2710133711.html something I should get instead of the ninja? Eh?

Dont be a scooter hater :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Someone call this guy up and offer him half the bluebook for an 85 Fiero plus half the bluebook for a Harley with no motor.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/2712458465.html