Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

yummycheese posted:

they get passed over. not really the target of cafe racer folks cause its not an inline four.

not the target of goldwing fans cause its not a boxter engine

they’re a weird no mans land. look up videos of them running. they have an odd sounding engine because of the v twin engine.

Dont let the *wing name fool you, they arent really related at all. The Silverwing is more of a factory cruiser, vs the goldwing being a factory touring bike.

You will however occasionally see Silverwings with full fairings on them, which makes them more goldwing-like.

All this being said, I like them, and the transverse V-twin is interesting and cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Some “nice customisation” there buddy

It’s like the unholy spawn of a drz and sv

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Go for it, you could sell the sidecar and associated hardware alone for probably $5K and still have a goldwing left over to ride

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Nah, someone on a goldwing forum or on ADVRider (if you can go there and not become a radical conservative) would snap that right up

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Platypus era ninjas are nothing to write home about but that one does at least appear to be pretty clean

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

For sale CBR1000, great street fighter project, L@@K

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

weight reduction

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

The second cylinder is on the new monthly subscription model

lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The extremely crappy low res photo says that it was pulled off google image search.

I mean, the real bike is easily worth 10k, so feel it out, just don’t get shanked over it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

A superhawk in 2022 isn’t the giant killer it once was, but that’s still a legit very good bike.

Buy it so the seller can go back to working on the next great American novel

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yes they are. A friend had one and it would spin the rear tire from a dead stop and despite only doing like 40mph, it would get there in a real serious hurry

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I have literally never seen a Tesi moving. I’ve seen them in person, but never being ridden

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Did an AI draw that?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

This is :discourse: av material

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I will never skip an opportunity to dunk on an sxv for being junk, but I’m also enough of an adult to admit that they’re gorgeous and the chassis, suspension and brakes are top notch.

Was it z3n that put a ninja 650 motor in one? That seems like the way to go if you actually want to ride it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

That would be all well and good if they were as easy to rebuild as a 2t bike.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yes

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Its going to be the most fun 50 miles of your life

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

They’ll probably get that asking price too

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Shoot your shot, buddy. It won’t sell but can’t hurt to try lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Oh I didn’t even notice that was the 660

Lol

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You realize the nicest people actually exist on a Honda

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

UCS Hellmaker posted:

You meat the biggest dad's on a gold wing

:raise:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

:bisonyes:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Also, thats a first(ish) gen 1000cc, the ones that can still be made to be truly naked, I'm surprised its not $5k

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Bring back actual motorcycle names.

Bandit, Superhawk, Titan, Yamahopper, all good names

We sort of have it (hayabusa, ninja, etc), but it could be better

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Slavvy posted:

I'm also amused by the Brembo rear caliper on the front

I don’t want to be fair to the seller, but to be fair to the seller that’s probably more than enough brake for it.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

as someone who pretty universally loves Suzukis and DR650’s, I hate that Suzuki DR650

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

At this point, that’s like a $3k bike. It may have the worst fully documented history of PO’s of any bike out there

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Those are awesome. Sort of wish I had 10K just burning a hole in my pocket

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Beef jerky-rear end bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Craigslist has mostly all of the same problems Facebook does for the most part. Craigslist won’t fix the title issue

The one advantage it does have is it’s not Facebook.